CDP Field 9

JaxRolo
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4239 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Cool. I will try to check it out. Sure I'll be yelliing at the screen! C'mon, Rolo! Where's your zone? you're up! You're down! :WTF:

Transcednedtally and telepathically giving you s**t. :)

Cool. I will try to check it out. Sure I'll be yelliing at the screen! C'mon, Rolo! Where's your zone? you're up! You're down! :WTF:

Transcednedtally and telepathically giving you s**t. :)

If I eject you then you will be banned for life.!!!

I watched you this morning and I thought you looked great! Very relaxed and confident. Good mechanics. You hustled well (up to third on a rotation, up the 1B line on plays in the infield, etc.) Were you the one that said you use the hammer on youth ball and the point in high school and above? The ONLY thing I saw was that you could slow down your strike call a little. Great job overall!

Now, about your partner...

Thanks!

This is my reply to someone else earlier,

My partner was some 78 year old guy that couldn't move and got every call incorrect. So if you saw me move in the wrong direction a few times is because I was trying to cover for him.

Thanks!

My partner was some 78 year old guy that couldn't move and got every call incorrect. So if you saw me move in the wrong direction a few times is because I was trying to cover for him.

Couldn't move would be an understatement. I've seen statues move better than that guy. I have to give him credit though. I'd be pretty happy to still be able to be out there at 78 years old!

Thanks!

Couldn't move would be an understatement. I've seen statues move better than that guy. I have to give him credit though. I'd be pretty happy to still be able to be out there at 78 years old!

Not me. I plan on getting out while people still sincerely wonder why I'm retiring so early.

I watched you this morning and I thought you looked great! Very relaxed and confident. Good mechanics. You hustled well (up to third on a rotation, up the 1B line on plays in the infield, etc.) Were you the one that said you use the hammer on youth ball and the point in high school and above? The ONLY thing I saw was that you could slow down your strike call a little. Great job overall!

Now, about your partner...

Bingo. That is what stood out for me. He was very relaxed. Just another ballgame. Everyone does little things different but I watched most of this game and he hustled great, mechanics were sound and he just floated around like he was supposed to. I noticed the guy he was partnered with making a few miscues but when I found out he was 78 I just had to laugh. Nothing jumped out at me. We all have our own style and JAX works well for him. GOOD JOB!!

Thanks for the complements!

Next game is Wednesday at 10am. Elimination games starting.

I have the plate field 9. 3-man with one of them being the old man and my crew chief

Saw a PU yesterday, can't recall which field, where, the bat that was lying there from the previous batter, he would either flip it up with his foot to his hands and throw it back to the dugout, or flip it up and kick to the on deck batter !!