Jocko

today in baseball history

I would enjoy this topic, and interested to see what others have to say. For instance, July 5 1998-Roger Clemens records career K 3000. I think today is the anniversary of Ted Williams death.

Todayinbaseballhistory.com I go there everyday to see what has happened. Good place to gather trivia. Might be cool on U-E to have a blurb in the header like you did with the statue of liberty for the 4th.

corecontrarion.blogspot.com usually posts something every day related to baseball history, along with other (mostly humorous) tidbits of info regarding baseball.

I would want to find something with a feed that I can have it done automatically vs manually everyday.

First post using Tapatalk...

I would want to find something with a feed that I can have it done automatically vs manually everyday.

Warren do it a favor an send me a PM using Tapatalk just to see if it crashes on you.

Warren do it a favor an send me a PM using Tapatalk just to see if it crashes on you.

Sent you a PM no problems on my end let me know if you get it.

I got it. I replied to it and CRASH!

1914 - George Herman "Babe" Ruth makes his MLB debut recording a win as LHP ffor the Red Sox.

1985 - Nolan Ryan get K #4000, the 1st pitcher ever to reach this benchmark.

1961 - In the first of two All-Star games played that season, the NL beats the American League, 5-4, on a very windy day at Candlestick Park. The contest features a record seven errors and the memorable sight of a 165-pound pitcher Stu Miller balking after being blown off the mound by a gust of wind, a fact the right-hander says has been exaggerated over the years.

1910 - Cy Young registered his 500th career victory as the Cleveland Indians beat the Washington Senators 5-4 in eleven-innings.

1933 - Rick Ferrell of the Boston Red Sox hit a home run off brother Wes, pitching for the Cleveland Indians. Wes also homered in that game, marking the only time the two connected in the same contest.

1961 - Bud Weiser dies. Seriously.

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/players/player.php?p=weisebu01

1890 - Cy Young pitches 1st game of his career

Was that in the 10U league?

Was that in the 10U league?

http://wikipedia.org/wiki/Cy_Young

Duh! :shakehead:

You know us Cuban/Puerto Ricans. We dont comprehend things very easily.

Hmmm. I just copied and pasted the url. Well, it's Cy Young on Wikipedia

1988 - First night game ever at Wrigley Field. 74 years of nothing but day games.

1988 - First night game ever at Wrigley Field. 74 years of nothing but day games.

NICE ONE!!!!!!!!!!!

First night game was *scheduled* 8 Aug 1988. It was rained out, first game *played* was 9 Aug 1988.

1971 - Harmon Killebrew of the Minnesota Twins hit his 500th home run in the first inning off Baltimore's Mike Cuellar to become the 10th player to hit 500 or more in a career.

1929 - At League Park, Babe Ruth hits home run number 500 off Willis Hudlin of Cleveland.

1950 - Hitting just .279, Yankee great Joe DiMaggio is benched for the first time in his career. He is currently languishing in a 4-for-38 slump.

1987 - The Cardinals outfield sets a major league record by failing to record a single putout in a 4-2, 13-inning win over the Phillies. The 1905 St. Louis Browns, who played an 11-inning game with no outfield putouts, held the previous mark.

And ....

Mickey Mantle passes: