How did the direct shot to the sternum feel? That was the shot that I felt uneasy about when I tested the CP. It didn't hurt, but I wasn't taking 70 mph pitch.

The collar shot was, as near as makes no difference, the same as you would feel in any of the best CP's- slight pressure, but when you add a small shot of adrenaline, nothing is felt AT ALL. As for the sternum, it doesn't exactly fit directly against the skin and i think that lessens some of the impact compared to the belly. Still, I would smother 70mph all day long and not worry about a gap shot or a heart shot or that last rib, etc.

Even after seeing your test, I feel confident in my decision to send mine back. I am not a multiple-CP kind of guy who has one for each speed of pitching I might face. I would rather have one that can handle whatever speed I put it in front of because more often than not, I have no idea how fast the pitchers are throwing until I hit the field.

I think with a few more tweeks, this CP could be something great instead of a nice addition. I am happy that SOME COMPANY out there is trying to do something new to improve umpire safety and comfort. I hope their second try is even better and I will buy (again) then.

"Hurt" is a relative term, like if I was Jim Evans and stood to gain much wealth, no, it would not "hurt". In MY $60-a-game reality, where the catchers are bad and the insurance is worse, I could see getting tired of the sores 90mph would leave. Lets say I have no doubt 90mph would leave a red mark, but do doubt the red would turn purple/blue/black/blue/purple/brown/yellow (in that order). Have you ever taken one directly in the forearm? How bad did it "hurt"? I think this will gain a reputation as a man's protector. :ranton: One for the hard working umpire who plies his trade during the hottest part of the year, in the hottest part of the country. One who makes a point to never show "hurt" until he gets home to his girl where the sympathy counts. Joe West will not wear an Unequal. And he will continue working games in the Trop where its always 70 degrees. And then he'll stuff his gullet with seconds up in first class. :rantoff:

Here's the God's-honest: i like the hurt, it doesnt hurt. It reminds me that some people never get to feel anything at their jobs, just numb. I thank God for every foul-tip. Every first-time catcher is a blessing. Hey! I thought this thing was :rantoff:

Again, I can't thank you enough for putting your @ss in the line, and testing this rig.

Me, having had my heart goofed on, so I'm looking for not dying on the field.That, and avoiding any more brain damage than the 70's already inflicted on me.

Man, we all get those forearm goose eggs. And there's nothing worse than getting hit smack on that goose egg. Try not to swear like a longshoreman when that happens. We get hurt, and honestly, that's kinda part of the allure of the gig. The danger. We all have our own line we draw doing this job, and our own experiences to draw from. I got a concussion wearing the old +POS SUL mask. And my heart nearly stopped while wearing a McGregor foam washboard over it. So I'm extra careful with those two pieces of gear.

I am not happy that this CP gets over 420 replies and when I talk about my Locker room I get like 3 replies. So I have re-designed The Official's Locker Room. It now has a Kevlar lining. So if you are in let's say, Chicago, LA, or Detroit and you are in the parking lot changing your clothes, you can feel safe that if there is a drive by shooting, you will not get shot. Now I want over 500 replied to this...

• Like 6

Just awarded motoump the first ever Umpire-Empire Brass Balls award for getting out there and testing the Unequal Chest Protector.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:notworthy: :notworthy:

That's better than MOTM. I doff my cover to you for creating it.

I am not happy that this CP gets over 420 replies and when I talk about my Locker room I get like 3 replies. So I have re-designed The Official's Locker Room. It now has a Kevlar lining. So if you are in let's say, Chicago, LA, or Detroit and you are in the parking lot changing your clothes, you can feel safe that if there is a drive by shooting, you will not get shot. Now I want over 500 replied to this...

Don't forget about Los Angeles, or Santa Ana :shakehead:

Birmingham has one of the highest per capita murder rates.

I could use some kevlar, here in Miami we have face eating zombies-- I'm not just talking about the momma's in the stands. AND the 14u+ kids are packing more than just baseball bats. :fuel:

And thankyou for doing a video for us to review and providing us your feedback.

:smachhead: I wish to graciously accept the brass balls award and the most excellent award bar that goes along with it. May that beautiful, bulbous. bronzed ball-sack remain ever on display. I would also like to thank mom :wave: , dad, and the Ford Motor Co.

I want you all out there in interwebs land to know down in the pit of your tiny black hearts that I am truly grateful, so I have secured permission to perform another experiment. This time, I hypothesize that the "Force Three :kissass: Unequal :kissass: Ultimate Chest Protector :kissass: " can effectively control the impact of an 86 mph fastball. This time I believe I will be using a more controllable indoor cage, so hopefully along with the velocity the accuracy will be greater. I do not wish to do any further testing of my All-Star :kissass: System Seven :kissass: FM4000UMP :kissass: . Furthermore, I do not care to demonstrate the CP's neck area coverage so this experiment will be performed with gear-whore mode ON. Team Wendy's Ump's and a magnesium throat guard should be sufficient protection from concussions and the dreaded "on-camera-death-by-throatball". As always I will wear full regalia, and I want to personally thank Trout and Rolo for failing thus far to mention the pink hue of my highwater pants. Since I hemmed them I have learned the proper hem length, so you may rest easy. Finally, I will carry an indicator today so my left arm doesn't feel so busy and confused.

Thank you for your interest, but I would do it just for fun. :smachhead:

• Like 2

:smachhead: I wish to graciously accept the brass balls award and the most excellent award bar that goes along with it. May that beautiful, bulbous. bronzed ball-sack remain ever on display. I would also like to thank mom :wave: , dad, and the Ford Motor Co.

I want you all out there in interwebs land to know down in the pit of your tiny black hearts that I am truly grateful, so I have secured permission to perform another experiment. This time, I hypothesize that the "Force Three :kissass: Unequal :kissass: Ultimate Chest Protector :kissass: " can effectively control the impact of an 86 mph fastball. This time I believe I will be using a more controllable indoor cage, so hopefully along with the higher velocity the machine will have more control.

Thank you for your interest, but I would do it just for fun. :smachhead:

Thankyou, big brass balled motoUMP. :notworthy:

I think I'll stick with my All-Star, but this sounds like it has its place. The pricing makes sense now....it won't be a market leader, so might as well squeeze out every last dollar from the small niche that have to have it. Lowering the price prob won't increase sales enough to make up for the lost revenue, or at least that's the thinking.