I have to say I was disappointed. It was weird that I felt nothing with the 3-pound sledge hammer, but the baseball on a stick did sting a bit. I think if Unequal would put even a small extra layer of padding under their "special materials" it would go a long way to make this a pretty good CP. I also think that anything 90mph+, especially toward the outside edges of the CP, would hurt a lot. No broken bones or even bruising, but it would sting like hell.

It seems the more I think about it, the less I like it. Dammit.

I have to say I was disappointed. It was weird that I felt nothing with the 3-pound sledge hammer, but the baseball on a stick did sting a bit. I think if Unequal would put even a small extra layer of padding under their "special materials" it would go a long way to make this a pretty good CP. I also think that anything 90mph+, especially toward the outside edges of the CP, would hurt a lot. No broken bones or even bruising, but it would sting like hell.

so if I ordered one today ($280 + shipping) and outfit it with TW ($119 + shipping) I'd have a $400 + softshell that might compare to WVG? Or I can just get a WVG for $150 or so and KNOW there won't be any issues. JE shoulda talked to GD about the stigma involved with an epic fail. At least GDs pants are good (IMO). I guess JE still has claim to the sock market.

so if I ordered one today ($280 + shipping) and outfit it with TW ($119 + shipping) I'd have a $400 + softshell that might compare to WVG? Or I can just get a WVG for $150 or so and KNOW there won't be any issues. JE shoulda talked to GD about the stigma involved with an epic fail. At least GDs pants are good (IMO). I guess JE still has claim to the sock market.

GD pants? Really?!?

Posted on ABUA 5 DAYS AGO!!! 5 DAYS!!!

Enjoy your protector, and let us know your experiences. I'm betting on good ones from our internal and external independent testing laboratory results.

Thanks again, Jason

So, as of 9/5, Jim and Jason have zero lab test results either in-house or contracted. THEY ARE STILL CONDUCTING LAB TESTING!!!

OMG! That's criminal. You guys are freaking guinea pigs!

GD pants? Really?!?

yep. I like em, and that's what the majority wears here.

Enjoy your protector, and let us know your experiences. I'm betting on good ones from our internal and external independent testing laboratory results.

Thanks again, Jason

So, as of 9/5, Jim and Jason have zero lab test results either in-house or contracted. THEY ARE STILL CONDUCTING LAB TESTING!!!

WOW! You have to be kidding me. Well, after thinking about it for the last couple of days and more so in the last hour, I have decided to return mine. Looks like a $25 fail for me. But, I am glad I gave it a shot.

• Like 1

Thanks again, Jason

WOW! You have to be kidding me. Well, after thinking about it for the last couple of days and more so in the last hour, I have decided to return mine. Looks like a $25 fail for me. But, I am glad I gave it a shot.

let us know how THAT goes!

I got some game time with mine. I only had one shot off a foul tip. The pitcher was probably throwing in the lower 80s (fall ball). Did I feel the impact? Yes, did it hurt? No, did it bruise? No. The CP is very comfortable and just does not move around. I really liked that aspect of it. Also with the neck plate, I feel like my collar bone is actually covered a little better than my WV Gold. Jury is still out but for now, I will continue to use it (kinda of weird wanting to get hit to test out a CP). I hate to admit it but typically, I do not get hit in my CP (work the slot). I have an upcoming JUCO tournament. I will let you know how it goes.

I will say this:

I got to test the CP a bit this past weekend. I've been punched while wearing a bullet resistant vest, I was punched wearing the Unequal. I felt punches on both protectors.

Now, the bullet resistant vest will stop a bullet. The bullet will bruise you, but the bullet will not kill you. The point of the BP vest is to prevent serious injury or death.

I think it is fair to assume that the Unequal's goal is to also prevent serious injury or death which I think it will do.

I felt it when guys punched me. It is light. It is super low profile. If you're looking for a rig where you feel nothing, this rig is not for you.

You can get bulkier, hotter rigs that will do that job for less money. I'm still on the fence with this CP. If somebody were to say, "hey, I'll buy your black Douglas from you now that you have an Unequal, I would not sell it.

There's my review. I did wear it for two innings behind the plate this weekend and I did not get hit by a pitched or batted ball.

• Like 1

I don't think the goal should not to feeling anything.

A CP needs to protect you enough so you can continue working at peak performance. You may be sore, but the soreness shouldn't prevent you from woring at an optimum level.

No piece of equipment can completely prevent injuries and still be practical for use.

While I love my Gold I've taken a shot or two that I've felt and felt even more than I thought I would, but I have never been bruised.

This picture shows an uncaught fastball which was in the upper 80's maybe pushing 90 I took square to the CP. I felt it, it even stunned me a bit, but I wasn't hurt.

But the CP did it's job.

• Like 1

I wore a substandard chest protector in a 10u game years ago, and it messed with my heart rhythm. IT EFFED UP MY HEART!

Fellas, think about that before you wear an untested rig over your vital organs. Then watch that old Joe West video, and make your decision. The dude doesn't blink ( much less jump and yelp )

p.s.

" I do not get hit in my CP (work the slot). "

Oh brother! Better double up on your life insurance.

• Like 1

Copy/paste from ABUA:

You mean you have gotten no feedback from either inhouse OR contracted testing labs?????????

So, has anyone actually done your own personal tests? Hit with anything? Taken live shots on the field? I'm very curious to see ACTUAL results.I want thisto work, but the video of Jim left me VERY skeptical. Seems suspect he would jump around and holler. J West took an untouched pitch to the heart and never flinched. Until I get something as concrete as that, I'll stick with my WVG.

Jason's response (also copy/paste):

Please do not try and twist words. I stated thatI was betting on good experiences from the chest protector based on our "internal and external independent testing laboratory results." That should clear up your statement.

Response from someone who has gotten their CP (copy/paste):

Trout,

Dude, let it go...Youcan waitforfeedback from those of us that purchased the CP and listen to us...Initial feedback has been positive but it is stillearly...

Or you can continue to do what you feel is best for yourself...

Either way, there is little need to harp on Jason about the product...From my vantage their information distribution was above reproach...Thedistribution issuesaside,Jason and theteam has been very supportive...

Cut a little slack on their efforts to release / provide a CP that might just be worth the investment in the end...Your decision to make, but stop riding the source while you figure it out...

My rebuttal (copy/paste):

Sorry you feel I'm "riding"anyone.I trulywant this to be the revolutionary piece of equipment that will changethewaywe are protected. I see HUGE potential. It'snatural to want to hear1st hand opinions of performance. I love the full customization capabilities. And the fact theyre not making it an ala carte menu for accessories. On THIS site, I seem like the only skepticvoicing his opinion.

Is it me, or could it be the difference in the open and honest discussion may be related to the site sponsor?

I received mine yesterday. After all of the stuff I have read on this thread, I was expecting to get something flimsy. It is fairly substantial. I plan to weigh it tonight so I can compare it to my Douglas that I wear most often.

The look and feel of it are great. I will not a have chance to wear it in a game until Sunday at the earliest. I am with Johnny, I don't expect not to feel shots in this CP. I have felt them wearing any protector that I have ever worn. In my cheaper days, the shots hurt. Since I have moved up to more substantial gear they don't hurt, but I know a ball hit me.

The weight and low profile of this protector are what attracted me. I agree that we need some type of testing for these things so we can compare all protectors across a level playing field.

What we don't need are guys that did not even purchase one stirring up conversations about how bad a particular product us. I will confidently wear mine on the field for some HIgh School Fall ball this weekend. I think I am going to like it. I will report back when I take my first shot. Give Jason and Jim a break. They are trying there best to be innovative in a market that lacks innovations. I wear Force 3 socks and use a Force 3 bag...love them both. I am hopeful that the CP will be the trifecta of force 3 gear.

I will try to post some picks of the actual protector today. It is crazy thin.

• Like 2

Is it me?

i am stillllllllll waiting on my tracking number from Jason. That being said, he sent me a plate brush overnight when i expressed that i couldnt wait for the CP's to come in. Plus, as some have said EVERY email has been promptly returned and answered in earnest. (can you imagine how many they have gotten even from people who havent purchased?) These things let me know that they mean business. Not to mention how supremely confident they seem to be that i wont excersize my satisfaction guarantee. So in this case, regardless of how excited i am to hear the good news, i have decided to remain patient. This has especially helped when i check this forum almost every day for the past two weeks expecting to see a home video of a test/review.

If I was dropping $300 on a new product I would want to make sure it works as advertised, especially since it is nearly $100 more than the well known and worn competition. But since I already have the gold, allstar 15 in, and honigs zero gravity I am not looking for a new chest protector anytime soon.

I can't wait for some videos, tests, and in game use feedback on this product.

• Like 1

I am with slo8 - It seems Trout is running his mouth, but has yet to see, nor try one on. You have zero creditably until then.

running my mouth????? How about sharing information and askinng for input? On this topic, I, nor the majority of us, have no information on which to base an educated hypothesis. I've stated all along that I want this to be a fantastic piece of gear. Until someone shouts from the rooftop how wonderful it is, I will remain a skeptic. My credibility isn't the one on the line.
  • Like 1

I am with slo8 - It seems Trout is running his mouth, but has yet to see, nor try one on. You have zero creditably until then.

Trout is looking for answers. Please read what he's saying and don't jump to conclusions. Credibility has nothing to do with owning an item.

Back to the subject boys ... thank you

• Like 1