Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3577 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Thats ridiculous 119 dollars for a retrofit on your chest protector and only good for one year. Seems like a scam to me. I just hope this chest protector is alot better than the one Evans tested. I just got my Douglas protector and used it last night for first time. Got a good shot right in the middle of the chest and never felt anything. The Douglas is a small 12 inch but i added my honigs 4inch extension and it fits perfect. Couldnt be happier not that i have a chest protector that is light (weighed it and it was 2lb9oz) and very low profile. I dont look like a robot anymore.

The West Vest extension is a waste of money. Lots of games, never been hit there hard enough to justify a pad.

(nodding head)

Just shows how different things happen to different umpires -- I got hit just below the bottom of my west vest 3 or 4 times this season. I used to have the Honigs K1 or whatever it was and added the extension to it and got hit on or near the extension fairly frequently. I suppose I should wise up and move that extension to the west vest. lol.

Just shows how different things happen to different umpires -- I got hit just below the bottom of my west vest 3 or 4 times this season. I used to have the Honigs K1 or whatever it was and added the extension to it and got hit on or near the extension fairly frequently. I suppose I should wise up and move that extension to the west vest. lol.

Is it possible that there's more of an issue with your stance versus the CP?

Is it possible that there's more of an issue with your stance versus the CP?

well, maybe, but I read stories about how others get hit in the thigh and so wear the hex pads or on the wrist or ... and while that might happen to me the most common is just below the protector. its just different stuff for different umpires or just the luck of the draw and a relatively small sample size.

Back to the subject of this thread....I received my CP today. WOO HOO! I opened it up and I have to say that it feel more solid that I thought it would. I was almost expecting catcher's CP type weight. But it is still lighter than anything else I have (Diamond iX3 and Champion P220). I won't have time for a ball on a stick test until later this weekend, earlier next week. But I did put it on and hit myself a few times in the chest with my hand and a 3-pound sledge hammer and honestly felt very little. No sting or pain, a little pressure and a thump. I can't wait to test it for real. I will keep you all updated.

About TW life span/replacement

Greg

Thank you for contacting Team Wendy. The recommendation for the UMPS replacement is annually. Due to the fabric surrounding the Foam.

Washing Instructions: Hand wash with gentle detergent, air dry.

Thank you,Sheilah

Sheilah Isaac | Account Management Coordinator| 17000 Saint Clair Avenue Building 1 |

Cleveland, OH 44110

P: Ext. 232 | F:

and New Balance would probably recommend you buy new shoes every season. And mailing me $100 would make all your friends think you're funny.

Back to the subject of this thread....I received my CP today. WOO HOO! I opened it up and I have to say that it feel more solid that I thought it would. I was almost expecting catcher's CP type weight. But it is still lighter than anything else I have (Diamond iX3 and Champion P220). I won't have time for a ball on a stick test until later this weekend, earlier next week. But I did put it on and hit myself a few times in the chest with my hand and a 3-pound sledge hammer and honestly felt very little. No sting or pain, a little pressure and a thump. I can't wait to test it for real. I will keep you all updated.

this is what managers feel right before they decide to get ejected. While hitting yourself with a hammer and a closed fist is the best real test so far, it still leaves a bit to be desired.

Take this as my solemn oath (the name Kenneth means "loyal oath") that I will post video of some substantial test, or at the very least a video of myself being kicked out of the batting cages for misuse.

I have a golf club with a baseball on the end of it and a minicam ready to go, I just have to be in town for more than a half hour. Feel free to abuse yourself in my stead though.

johnny08...I broke down and ordered one too. I figure if it works, I finally have a CP that doesn't make me look like a linebacker. If it doesn't work, I send it back. I have a baseball on a golf shaft waiting for it to arrive.

:tantrum: 287 posts ago

i received a tracking # today :yippie: , wont likely see the CP till tues/wed . I have 3 gms this weekend , but there will be other chances to try out the new CP in the fall . maybe i will have my son throw (pitch) at me , he can touch about 80mph :smachhead: of course we will video .

marc

BTW if anyone is interested , i placed the order 7/3 . Which i think was very early ? anyone order before that , just curious . and have you already received the CP ?

marc

well my un -equal CP should arrive this week , maybe by wed or thus ? ill keep everyone posted , curious in the group how many have the CP already ? doesnt seem like too many yet .

marc