Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3557 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

And y'all paid for the damn thing what, like a month ago? Lol. I believe at this point I'd cancel my order and request immediate refund to my card. Glad I didn't jump onboard/overboard.

Jason is usually good on his shipping when it comes to things outside the unequal. I ordered other items at the same time and requested that he hold them until the unequal arrived.

In the past when I have had things damaged in shipping he has always sent a replacement right away.

I've been following this thread for a while and I've figured out a way how to retire early. Next June I'm going to invent the most outlandish, unproven chest protector that I can think of with a HUGE price tag stating that you better buy it now because the price will double, then not deliver it after grabbing your hard earned money and see how many jump on the sword. But I'm going to be smarter. I'm going to hire a professional film crew and actors from the WWE because they know how to fake hits and being hit better than all of the videos I've seen so far. Last year the All-Star, this year the Unequal. To me it's obvious that Jim is peddling this because he sees a tremendous drop in his revenue from the fiasco at his school last year. Ya gotta pay the bills I suppose. P.T. Barnum had it right..."there's a sucker born every minute".

I think you all are over reacting just a tad. No one has screwed anyone yet, no one has FAILED to deliver yet. Is there a delay? Yes. Is it poor marketing to make such a big deal about something and then not deliver it on time? Yes. Am I going to cancel my order before I even see the CP? No. I had NO expectations of getting this on Aug. 1. Have any of you ever pre-ordered anything in your lives? They NEVER deliver on time. And anyone who thought that something that was supposed to be in Aug. 1 would arrive before baseball ended, in most places, is foolish. Also, the ad for the CP clearly said the price would not jump until the CPs were in stock. Are they in stock yet? No. And celt62, calling the people who jumped on the CP early "suckers" is silly. It's not like Evans and Company have made off with anyone's money. They just haven't delivered yet. Now, if it gets to mid-September and I don't have a CP yet, I might think about canceling. But until then, I am going to use the patience I was taught as a child and wait.

I think you all are over reacting just a tad. No one has screwed anyone yet, no one has FAILED to deliver yet. Is there a delay? Yes. Is it poor marketing to make such a big deal about something and then not deliver it on time? Yes. Am I going to cancel my order before I even see the CP? No. I had NO expectations of getting this on Aug. 1. Have any of you ever pre-ordered anything in your lives? They NEVER deliver on time. And anyone who thought that something that was supposed to be in Aug. 1 would arrive before baseball ended, in most places, is foolish. Also, the ad for the CP clearly said the price would not jump until the CPs were in stock. Are they in stock yet? No. And celt62, calling the people who jumped on the CP early "suckers" is silly. It's not like Evans and Company have made off with anyone's money. They just haven't delivered yet. Now, if it gets to mid-September and I don't have a CP yet, I might think about canceling. But until then, I am going to use the patience I was taught as a child and wait.

I agree with this.

I apologize to any who made the early purchase and believe that I meant they were suckers. Maybe I should choose my quotes more carefully. But say you put money down on the latest, greatest car/truck/motorcycle and it wasn't delivered on time. How long would you wait. Remember how everyone jumped on the Delorian and it turned out to be a piece of crap? I'm just sayin'... Why sell it when you're not getting the original one advertised as in the Evans' video which they later called a prototype because they even realized it lacked a lot? It seems fairly obvious that they're still perfecting it, not shipping problems. Just because it's expensive doesn't mean it's any good.

I don't loan money to strangers for zero interest. You guys are just a few of probably many that let him borrow your $ for an indefinite period. Noone has even mentioned asking them to sweeten the pot. Throw in some kinda freebie. Socks, other gear, discounts, something. Don't just send me the cp 3 months later and say here ya go. Make me feel better about you as a vendor. OC has lost HOW much business by being unreliable? A couple JEUA tshirts would cost them zip and make folks feel less slighted. Just sayin

I wrote an edit that Jason made my plate brush situation right. As for my patience, I never mentioned waiting for the CP. My season is just winding down with a tourney this weekend, and the fall season starts back a month later. If I was impatient I would ask for my $ refunded and buy a WV, then use the $ I save to express ship it. On the contrary, I will wait for the Unequal because I have a hunch that it could be exactly what I want.

As for beta testing this product, I am highly confident because of the physics involved. If you think kevlar will only protect you from barbed wire and bullets, or that hard plastic is "better" because balls will bounce off of you, keep buying Mr. West's kobe beef dinners. In my opinion, the small range of "pro level" protectors are over-engineered to the point that any size/comfort/flexibility is entirely compromised away in the name of never feeling the ball. Personally, i'll take the low profile look and the custom fit, not to mention less chance of skipping a ball to the mound, and I will still flinch less than most i've seen. That being said, I work pitchers that regularly throw in the 80's with a few rare ones in the low 90's. I don't need the same protection as the guys on TV. I don't feel like a sucker at all. In fact, just the opposite.

As for loaning Evans blackjack $, this is why I say the price needs to go up right away. Otherwise, there was no reason for me to rush and pay before Aug. 1st, or even buy before I get substantial reviews from real umpires who wore it in a live game.

I really, truly hope the new rig works.

I did get hit with a lesser protector, at low speed, and it messed with my heart rhythm for over a week. So, someone will have to prove to me the new one will protect better than my tried and true Platinum.

I'm 6'1" and lean, so the WV just makes me look good,

I

I wrote an edit that Jason made my plate brush situation right. As for my patience, I never mentioned waiting for the CP. My season is just winding down with a tourney this weekend, and the fall season starts back a month later. If I was impatient I would ask for my $ refunded and buy a WV, then use the $ I save to express ship it. On the contrary, I will wait for the Unequal because I have a hunch that it could be exactly what I want.

As for beta testing this product, I am highly confident because of the physics involved. If you think kevlar will only protect you from barbed wire and bullets, or that hard plastic is "better" because balls will bounce off of you, keep buying Mr. West's kobe beef dinners. In my opinion, the small range of "pro level" protectors are over-engineered to the point that any size/comfort/flexibility is entirely compromised away in the name of never feeling the ball. Personally, i'll take the low profile look and the custom fit, not to mention less chance of skipping a ball to the mound, and I will still flinch less than most i've seen. That being said, I work pitchers that regularly throw in the 80's with a few rare ones in the low 90's. I don't need the same protection as the guys on TV. I don't feel like a sucker at all. In fact, just the opposite.

As for loaning Evans blackjack $, this is why I say the price needs to go up right away. Otherwise, there was no reason for me to rush and pay before Aug. 1st, or even buy before I get substantial reviews from real umpires who wore it in a live game.

I agree about the price. That was a major point of their advertising, that for a limited time only you could get it for $X dollars.

That being said, I will wait for the "right" product to go public. Since I will wear it in high velocity games I don't want to be a test case.

• Like 1

Copy/paste from ABUA site:

I completelyunderstand everyone's frustration. I'm in the same boat as all of you, and no one wants this protector out more than I do. We did send out the email with the status update, along with the personalization. I've fielded phone calls and emails from most of you that have ordered. I'm happy to report that the first batch of protectors are going to be received tomorrow and shipped out immediately, and more are on the way from the manufacturer. We expect more by the end of the week, and even more next week which should take care of everyone who placed their orders first. The price has been raised to reflect that the shipment has been confirmed. I had absolutely no control over the manufacturer being delayed. In no way would I have EVER started selling them had I known there was going to be this big of a delay.

We pride ourselves on our service, and would bend over backwards to make sure you are happy. We have noticed everything being mentioned on the message board, and just know we will try to make it right, even though this was something out of our control. We were as up front as we could be with the information we had. Please hang in there, it's worth the wait.

As always, please email, or call me with any questions. I'll be happy to speak with you about anything.

Thanks again, Jason

Enjoy yours this weekend (hopefully) I probably will not have a game this weekend. Some fall ball will be starting up soon, but I also call football and that keeps me busy enough that I don't call as much baseball this time of year.

The price is $280, if you log in to ABUA website it can be yours for only $250.

Holy crap, this thing better call balls and strikes for that price. Given the way Evans prices his book, I had a feeling they would be going for a high price/small share strategy, but over a $100 premium vs the industry leader??? Uh....no.

I'm waiting for the first review.

Someone needs to get clonked with a bat, right on the collarbone(no jumping!), and not come up yelling.

Standing by for that video.

I will wear mine this weekend in some baseball where I will be able to legitimately test the product. If I don't post here about in within a week from Saturday...assume the worst. But my gut tells me that I will be on here on Saturday night, singing praises.