another easy one...

Guest Guest
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4144 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Question

bases loaded

grounder to first

runner bumps the first baseman...

What runner? Was he R1 or the batter runner?

Where was therunner? Where was the ball in relationship to the defender?

You truly need to set the entire table to serve the meal, all we have here are forks....

I'll introduce you. Who's on 1st, What's on 2nd, I don't know is on 3rd, Tomorrow is pitching, Today is catching, why and because are LF and CF. I don't give a darn.

<p>

<br />

I think he&#39;s lost in translation. Dude, you gotta gimme more than the cover of the book for me to give you a synopsis.<br />

<br />

<br />

</p>or at least the back cover with the writer's synopsis

By FED Rules (you didn't give a rule set)

Unless there is something that you aren't telling us here, assuming F3 is the protected fielder, you have at least R1 out for INT and possibly an additional out if the umpire believes that there was an opporunity for a double play. The throw home should never happen as INT should be a dead ball. Again, it's hard to say without the specifics (was the bump before he received the ball or after, how hard was the ball hit, etc). It's really HTBT. All other runners go to time of pitch and batterrunner gets 1st (if you don't rule him out on a potential double play).

Again, this ruling would have the caviat that there isn't something we're missing such as F3 mishandling the ball prior to the contact, etc.

By FED Rules (you didn't give a rule set)

Unless there is something that you aren't telling us here, assuming F3 is the protected fielder, you have at least R1 out for INT and possibly an additional out if the umpire believes that there was an opporunity for a double play. The throw home should never happen as INT should be a dead ball. Again, it's hard to say without the specifics (was the bump before he received the ball or after, how hard was the ball hit, etc). It's really HTBT. All other runners go to time of pitch and batterrunner gets 1st (if you don't rule him out on a potential double play).

Again, this ruling would have the caviat that there isn't something we're missing such as F3 mishandling the ball prior to the contact, etc.

What is HTBT?