"YOU ARE THE WORST UMPIRE, EVER!!!"

umpire78
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4275 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

How many times have we all heard this during a game? I have to chuckle when they say it to me, because I look at it this way: This IDIOT will go away. When he gets to his next game, THAT umpire will be given the mantle of "YOU ARE THE WORST UMPIRE, EVER!!" this fan, player, manager has ever seen. So, don't take it personally. In fact, chuckle visibly if you can.

I heard this from the dugout of a Freshman team that was down 11-2 with 2 outs in the 7th. Team was horrible. The must have missed 5 or 6 routine flyballs to center and left field, at least 2 or 3 ground balls through the legs of F5 and F6..Looking at fastballs down the middle, swinging at curves in the dirt. Just a horrible team.

Couldn't EJ for 2 reasons.

1. I didn't know exactly who said it.

2. If I opened my mouth at that point it would have been hard not to crack up laughing, because when the kid said it, at that very time I was thinking to myself, "This is the WORST high school Freshman team EVER!! :rollinglaugh:

• Like 1

I just posted in the eject section the other day. As I showed "Coach" the parking lot, in his farewell speech to me, the theatric, "YOU, ARE THE WORST EVER!". So, whereas, some of you have the distinction of just being the measly worst. I, on the other hand, with the award as worst ever.

I have been given that moniker many times. Worst Umpire I've Ever Seen. And I've been told I'm the best umpire a team ever had many times too. I don't believe the hype either way. I know I'm not the best, and I know I'm far from the worst, so I usually feel pretty damn good about myself overall.

I believe it when its a little league team telling me I'm the best umpire they've ever seen, because I know what other umpires work their league.

I don't believe it when its a little league team telling me I'm the worst umpire they've ever seen, because I know what other umpires work their league.

• Like 1

Reminds me of the old George Carlin schtick...."Somewhere in the world, by process of elimination, there is the world's worst doctor.....And someone has an appointment to see him tomorrow!! :wow:

I believe it when its a little league team telling me I'm the best umpire they've ever seen, because I know what other umpires work their league.

I don't believe it when its a little league team telling me I'm the worst umpire they've ever seen, because I know what other umpires work their league.

eating your own cake. I hear ya.

I heard this from the dugout of a Freshman team that was down 11-2 with 2 outs in the 7th. Team was horrible. The must have missed 5 or 6 routine flyballs to center and left field, at least 2 or 3 ground balls through the legs of F5 and F6..Looking at fastballs down the middle, swinging at curves in the dirt. Just a horrible team.

2. If I opened my mouth at that point it would have been hard not to crack up laughing, because when the kid said it, at that very time I was thinking to myself, "This is the WORST high school Freshman team EVER!! :rollinglaugh:

Wouldn't you love to say, "Well they thought it would be funny to have the worst team and umpire on the field together!"?

• Like 1

Regarding #1 above, you have a couple of options:

1. Pick the kid that's keeping the book, or a kid with sneakers on.

2. Go to the head coach and ask him to pick, or you'll pick his starting shortstop.

Wouldn't you love to say, "Well they thought it would be funny to have the worst team and umpire on the field together!"?

Perhaps," I tend to umpire to the level of play."

• 3 weeks later...

My UIC said that there are Umpires slower than me.

He also said that there are Umpires better than me.

But he finished with the statement " But Big Del, there are no Umpires better than you, who also are slower than you !

Thanks ?