List of face masks worn by active MLB Umpires as of 6/21/2012

Fittske24
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2563 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Marvin Hudson saw my mask at our clinic in January and called me over to check it out, asked me a bunch of questions, and then showed it to Fagan and Barrett.  He got the Mask-It info from me and said he was going to have a Wilson Aluminum and/or a Nike Ti powdercoated with Tony's Silver Vane pattern if it wouldn't kill the warranty.  Not sure if he will do it or not, but it made me proud of my mask!

Marvin Hudson saw my mask at our clinic in January and called me over to check it out, asked me a bunch of questions, and then showed it to Fagan and Barrett.  He got the Mask-It info from me and said he was going to have a Wilson Aluminum and/or a Nike Ti powdercoated with Tony's Silver Vane pattern if it wouldn't kill the warranty.  Not sure if he will do it or not, but it made me proud of my mask!

@BillKen  .....   Silver Vane?

• 4 months later...

I talked to Marvin last month and he told me that he submitted this picture to MLB and they told him that he couldn't do that...too flashy.

I heard through the grapevine that Marvin had a verbal contract with an umpire equipment company and he violated it.