Spagnardi Full time Evaluator

UMP45
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4857 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Just wanted to give a big congrats to Darren and let you guys know about this guy. I worked HS, College, and summer ball with Darren before he went to Harry's, first time, and got a job. Darren was on a fast track to the bigs. He worked one season at each level until AAA where he worked four seasons. He worked AFL, spring training and winter ball in the Dominican. After his release he worked as a fill in for the SAL and INT leagues. When he worked as a fill in his partners would always asked for his advice. He was always glad to help. He would never "big league" anyone. I guess what I'm trying to say is he will be a great addition to the evaluators they now have. Darren nevr forgot where he came from and knows it is not about the umpire but the game.:shakehead:

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Spags is a great guy and an excellent instructor. I met him at a clinic in NC, he was either A or AA at the time. I was really sorry to see him released when he was working MLB replacement. It's good that he is back in the game. I assume he is a MiLB evaluator? Unfortunately it wouldn't know me from Adam, too many years.