Wish list for next season

Umpire in Chief
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4602 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

• 1 month later...

quick list for 2011... gear, clinics, books

another set of Poly wools

New hats,

another set of reeboks base and plate

more ultimate shirts

and oakley radar vented sunglasses

nutty butty lol

black and blue clinic in Sac - clinci

maximizing the 2-man system - book

"Waiter ... check, please. It's okay, I'll get this."

Have you ever uttered those words?

Actually yes, I have. When I'm with a friend I'll do that sometimes. I'm not a bad person. Really, I'm not. :shrug: When you are in college though, and your primary means of discretionary income is umpiring baseball, you have learn to stretch things out a bit.

Moblue, I can not agree more with you bro!! I'm a senior at my local college and my books, part of tuition, meal plan comes from a percentage of money I make calling ball. If you add up the amount of tourneys I do in a year..tuition is covered along with books..But as you all "taken" men know you got to spoil the "Lady" in order for her to be okay with the amount of time and travel that is done in the summer for me!

Actually yes, I have. When I'm with a friend I'll do that sometimes. I'm not a bad person. Really, I'm not. :shrug: When you are in college though, and your primary means of discretionary income is umpiring baseball, you have learn to stretch things out a bit.

Moblue, I can not agree more with you bro!! I'm a senior at my local college and my books, part of tuition, meal plan comes from a percentage of money I make calling ball. If you add up the amount of tourneys I do in a year..tuition is covered along with books..But as you all "taken" men know you got to spoil the "Lady" in order for her to be okay with the amount of time and travel that is done in the summer for me!

Take my advice...lose the lady and explore the free agent market. Easier on the wallet and it lets you take on more games.

Take my advice...lose the lady and explore the free agent market. Easier on the wallet and it lets you take on more games.

I understand where you coming from but I'm fine with my contract and my bonus and with what I drafted!!!

I understand where you coming from but I'm fine with my contract and my bonus and with what I drafted!!!

Amen! I'm liking our prospects for the future, too. They're a bit young, but one day they'll be a part of the team, too.

• 7 months later...

I have a pretty extensive wish list and maybe you guys could help me figure out the important things from unnecessary.

1.) Wilson West Vest (Platinum or Gold) Have not decided yet

2.) Wilson Shin Guards (Platinum or Gold)

3.) Majestic Thermabase jackets (Navy with Red and Black with White)

4.) One Black ball bag

5.) New Combo Caps (Navy and Black)

6.) Smitty Charcoal combo pants

7.) Wilson equipment bag

8.) Visor for Wilson Mask

9.) New Balance plate and base shoes

10.) A wife that won't kill me if I buy all this stuff!!!!!!!!

That's my list, a little pricey but I feel like this would be a lasting investment. Let me know how you guys feel about the West Vest Platinum vs. Gold!

That's my list, a little pricey but I feel like this would be a lasting investment. Let me know how you guys feel about the West Vest Platinum vs. Gold!

Phil,

West vs gold there isn't a wrong decision. I personally prefer the Gold, but it's a minor preference.

Need:

Chest protector- all star is #1 choice right now

Shins, again all star is looking like the front runner

Poly wool-base and plate

Diamond bag

Jacket- majestic

Plate shoes- New Balance shoes I now are separating at the toe

Hats-4 stitch and 8 stitch

Want:

Some new shirts

Base shoes- Nike

Oakley shades

New under shirts- blue, black, red, white

Wifey is not going to be happy about the spending spree....

I have a pretty extensive wish list and maybe you guys could help me figure out the important things from unnecessary.

4.) One Black ball bag

7.) Wilson equipment bag

It wouldn't be wrong to consider the All-Star Chest Protector

Need:

Chest protector- all star is #1 choice right now

Shins, again all star is looking like the front runner

Poly wool-base and plate

Diamond bag

Jacket- majestic

Plate shoes- New Balance shoes I now are separating at the toe

Hats-4 stitch and 8 stitch

Want:

Some new shirts

Base shoes- Nike

Oakley shades

New under shirts- blue, black, red, white

Wifey is not going to be happy about the spending spree....

Officially Sports has the New Balance plate shoes for $69 right now. and like $9 shipping.

https://officiallysports.com//index.cfm?

Good luck

4.) One Black ball bag

7.) Wilson equipment bag

Again, Phil ....go to the equipment forum here ....do a 'search' on whatever you're looking for, ...(yes, a Gold vs Platinum thread will appear, ...if not 20 ;) ) .....like I said in another thread, you'll be reading till Christmas!

And:

To the people looking for "combo" hats (4 stitch) ...why? Most guys fit 6 stitch under their masks with no issues, ....some even an 8 stitch. And,... looks MUCH better ;)