Reebok's Zig Plate & Base Shoe

Thunderheads

I love the zig. I saw an NCAA ump wearing the black and white zigs during the SEC tournament. Looked pretty good to me. Might be hard to keep clean. They do come in solid black.

The all black plate shoe will be fine... The toe logo on the black and white model is too much... The zigs do take extra work to clean... Lookss like they did ad some traction, at least on the football models.

While I feel a hit with my Reebok shoes, that doesn't mean they don't work.

Bullet resistant vests leave bruises, but to say they don't work, would not be accurate.

I'm willing to sacrifice some protection for a lightweight shoe

I agree with you completely. I think the disappointment lies in the expectation that the umpire will not feel anything when a ball strikes the steel toe. My expectation was that my toes were encased in steel, so I was completely safe. I have been hit while wearing Reeboks and the New Balance plate shoes, and both times it hurt! This surprised me, especially after viewing the New Balance video where a baseball was fired into the toe and an egg placed in the toe box was unharmed.

Pete

Bullet resistant vests leave bruises, but to say they don't work, would not be accurate.

I'm the same way. I have never felt pain while wearing Reebok plate shoes, so they're fine for me.

I'm not crazy about the black/white version, but they'll grow on me. I will probably end up getting the all black Zigs for the plate.

I agree with you completely. I think the disappointment lies in the expectation that the umpire will not feel anything when a ball strikes the steel toe. My expectation was that my toes were encased in steel, so I was completely safe. I have been hit while wearing Reeboks and the New Balance plate shoes, and both times it hurt! This surprised me, especially after viewing the New Balance video where a baseball was fired into the toe and an egg placed in the toe box was unharmed.

Pete

Pete,

That 460 video with the egg in the toe ......

That ball was fired at the met-plate, not the toe

With all those nooks and crannies, can you imagine how much mud they'd collect. Hell, they might end up heavier than my ol' +POS

I've been using the black/white zig base shoes this entire season. Having white on the shoes isn't a big deal in many places in 2012. I may try a pair of the zig plate shoes and field shoes (for football) this season. I already use the Zig patents for basketball.

They clean up pretty easily. I don't bother trying to polish the white, though -- it's started to fade/turn a bit brown, but it doesn't look bad when touched up with one of those instant shine sponges.

I better by a pair of the old ones while they last..

Get Em while they're hot.......$39.97 for lows and $59.97 for hi tops @ baseballsavings.com

Use the code: passport for additional 10% off. I bought two pairs for 78 including shipping.

Here is a direct link. This is a great Price!

Reeboks Sale

But .....

some sizes only have the black black version, some sizes only have the black white version

Still a good price Jeffrey! :wave:

Never said it wasn't ...I just wanted to make sure people realized this before ordering ....taking care of the bretheren! :hi5: