Thunderheads

How does this happen??

you see this a lot (relatively speaking)in football. The helmet is forced down on the bridge of the nose causing the cut. In this case, I don't think the helmet is designed with a cushion in that spot.

you see this a lot (relatively speaking)in football. The helmet is forced down on the bridge of the nose causing the cut. In this case, I don't think the helmet is designed with a cushion in that spot.

that's kind of what I was thinking Larry ..........thanks

I have had this happen during a football game. I laid a big hit on the RB and my chinstrap broke, my helmet came down and cut the bridge of my nose. In football, you might as well plan on having an open cut the remainder of the season. Any hit with the helmet pulls on the skin and breaks it open again.

I have had this happen during a football game. I laid a big hit on the RB and my chinstrap broke, my helmet came down and cut the bridge of my nose. In football, you might as well plan on having an open cut the remainder of the season. Any hit with the helmet pulls on the skin and breaks it open again.

Yep, only this one is probably worse because at least football helmets have a nose bumper built in there for just this reason. But stand by, some enterprising sporting goods company will be heading our way with a catcher's helmet with built in nose bumper. Sounds like a natural for Douglas.

Just curious. Why are we talking about a helmet.

Didn't he have a traditional mask on?

It was the helmet that caused the bleeding.

It was the helmet that caused the bleeding.

computer-stupid.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^ me ^^^^^^^^^^^

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By codizzle
      Does anyone have any Wilson mask harnesses they don't want? I know they aren't that popular but I like them and need some for back-up masks.
    • By codizzle
      I have a brand new Adidas Icon for sale that I bought on impulse and I just don't need it. I bought it new a month ago and have never worn it in a game. Pics available upon request. I already trashed the pads but I have the original harness if you happen to want it. I also have an extra one of Ray's elastic (not neoprene) harnesses I can throw in if you want. $80. Free shipping. PayPal F&F.
    • By HeyBlueLA
      I've seen some discussion of the Estabrook type combo on the forum and want to test out some thinking on it. My motivation, of course, is to find as good protection as possible realizing that concussions will always be a risk.
      It appears from the forums that he is using a Rawlings Coolflo Matte Style Alpha Sized Base Coach Helmet (https://www.amazon.com/Rawlings-Coolflo-Matte-Style-Helmet/dp/B010R05ONA). I am seeking opinions on combining this with one of the Unequal inserts -- either the Solo (https://unequal.com/solo/) or Uncap HDR (https://unequal.com/uncap-hdr/) to add to the protection. Based on what I've read in the forums, I am also considering modifying my current mask to add a DeltaFlex facemask harness (https://www.all-starsports.com/fmhpro.html) to make it easier to one-hand my mask onto the helmet.
      Has anyone done this or something similar?  I am concerned less with how this looks as how it will work. One forum mentioned that the bill of this helmet might push the mask out too far. Comments (and please no "if you are afraid to get hit maybe you should find something else to do with your time")

• By codizzle
      USED - Wilson Titanium Mask: $180 Shipped (OBO)
      Purchased in January of 2019. Used for 4 high school games. No shots taken. The original leather pads were never used and are in mint condition. Pads can be included or not and does not change the price.
      I can text pictures of the actual mask upon request.

USED - 2 Dry-Lo Ball Bags with pockets (Black): $10 each or both for $15
      Purchased in 2018 and used for one season. No tears, rips, or damage.
    • By EAA_umpire_Sam
      Hi guys, I was looking at masks and was wondering ,for people that have them, do wrap around pads on a mask help with shots to the mask?
      Thanks in advance