• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here it is! Cannot wait to use it.

I'm getting Aroused! :jerkit:

It looks great. I would like to give the Douglas a try, but it would be hard to justify the expense and displace my perfectly good WV Gold........

I had a pretty much brand new West vest, bought the Douglas, just cause.. wore it a few times, and sold my West vest.. never been back...

Douglas makes a nice vest, I am just wondering if the xtra plates are overkill?

I dont understand why Douglas cant get smaller shoulder caps and not those - is that what youre referring to Chris? The caps on the Gold are much much smaller and serve the same purpose.

I emailed Jeff about that too and they only thing he suggested was to do the "close the gap" method that has already been discussed on here.

I don't doubt that the extra cups will close that gap, but it is a bit excessive.

They use parts from their existing line of football shoulder pads. I guess they don't want to go through the expense of creating a new part for what is probably a niche market for them.

They use parts from their existing line of football shoulder pads. I guess they don't want to go through the expense of creating a new part for what is probably a niche market for them.

I'm almost certain that is the reason. If it's not the reason, I still agree with you.

I was at dinner last night with the family and my wife asked me is I was done getting SH*# for umpiring. Then I remembered this post, so I pulled it up and showed her I'm not the only one. She thinks we are all Dorks now.... LOL :-) o well, I'm in good company.

When I first began umpiring I did a bit of research and bought the best gear available. The only non TOP-shelf item I forgot was the pants. By my second month I had both the plate and base polywool pants from Honigs. When my wife saw the ENORMOUS bill for the gear her reasonable question was - "just where are you calling - Yankee Stadium?" It is difficult being a junkie - John Lennon once sang - "Cold Turkey has got me on the run."

I dont understand why Douglas cant get smaller shoulder caps and not those - is that what youre referring to Chris? The caps on the Gold are much much smaller and serve the same purpose.

This is my only issue with the Douglas. It does sit rather high on my shoulders. The smaller cap would be an improvement.

This is my only issue with the Douglas. It does sit rather high on my shoulders. The smaller cap would be an improvement.

Make sure you wear it good and snug - after a few games it will begin to conform to your body and the shoulders should sit a bit lower. I do not have the supplemental shoulder protection on mine though.

I was at dinner last night with the family and my wife asked me is I was done getting SH*# for umpiring. Then I remembered this post, so I pulled it up and showed her I'm not the only one. She thinks we are all Dorks now.... LOL :-) o well, I'm in good company.

When I first began umpiring I did a bit of research and bought the best gear available. The only non <acronym title='Time of pitch '>TOP</acronym>-shelf item I forgot was the pants. By my second month I had both the plate and base polywool pants from Honigs. When my wife saw the ENORMOUS bill for the gear her reasonable question was - "just where are you calling - Yankee Stadium?" It is difficult being a junkie - John Lennon once sang - "Cold Turkey has got me on the run."

I have all TOP end stuff now. He has asked me the same thing only I'm a really big Cubs fan and she said "Are you planning on umping a Cubs game or something!!!" I told her "Only in my dreams and in my dreams I did it for free!!!"

i would love one. Are they all custom made???? I currently wear a WVP, and love it. The douglas looks bulkier, and I can only assume a bit warmer. Any input from you Douglas Afficianados???

I've never worn a Wilson, but many on here claim the Douglas it cooler than the WVP ....and NO.... the Douglas is one of the most low profile rigs made

• 2 weeks later...