Fouled back ball

Jeremy_UEFL
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4298 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

rub some vagisil on it and get back behind the plate.

Haha touche!

Anyways Day 3:

100_0060.jpg

Holly SH*#, I would almost go see a doctor. I'll show it to my dad who is a doctor and see if he has any tips for you. That's insane, brother. :shakehead:

Not to spoil the party, but I can't help but think about the recent thread where the guy never wears a cup.

Semper has a picture of a nasty-gram he got from an F1 about 2-1/2 years ago. Hopefully he posts it. A slide show of these would make a great chapter in the never-to-be-published "So, you wan't to be an umpire?"

rub some vagisil on it and get back behind the plate.

Haha touche!

Anyways Day 3:

100_0060.jpg

Holly SH*#, I would almost go see a doctor. I'll show it to my dad who is a doctor and see if he has any tips for you. That's insane, brother. :shakehead:

Haha please do. I think I should be all right...hopefully!

Not to spoil the party, but I can't help but think about the recent thread where the guy never wears a cup.

Semper has a picture of a nasty-gram he got from an F1 about 2-1/2 years ago. Hopefully he posts it. A slide show of these would make a great chapter in the never-to-be-published "So, you wan't to be an umpire?"

Ugh, I couldn't imagine this hit in that area minus a cup. That'd be permanent damage.

Sdix, I finally got a cup. Took one in the thigh in a 10u game. Doesn't look as bad as this but its still a big nasty bruise. Went home that night and told SWMBO I'm getting a cup, she just laughed and said yep, its time to protect the boys.

I was the lucky recipient of a foul to the inner thigh myself last week and it was only 15 year olds.... Still hurts, still purple seriously considering those wonderful hex pants people talk about... don't want one from any of the adult leagues i call I fear I wouldn't be able to walk for a week

• 2 weeks later...

I think so, so long as I don't get hit in the same spot again, I may just cry.

As Tom Hanks would tell you: "THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL!"

Getting hit by a pitched ball or one that is fouled back WHERE YOU ARE PROTECTED isn't a problem. But, sometimes that ball has "eyes," has YOUR name on it and it will find you. At least on the thigh, it hit muscle. Try getting one where you're NOT protected and it's all bone. It throbs like the dickens.