Sign in to follow this  
Johnnyheat

Does it matter?

I purchased a pair of REEBOK MAGISTRATE II plate shoes from e bay for $59.00 They arraived today and seem to be Magistrate I shoes, notice the sides arent all leather. ( Picture isnt a plate shoe but shows the soft sides)

myplateshoe.jpg

This is the picture that was on the top of the e bay add.

plateII.jpg

Is there a big difference between the shoes? Im guessing cleaning is a bit harder.

I'm sorry you didn't get what you were expecting.

We found and discussed that ad here: http://www.umpire-empire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30182

They are still good shoes. You hit it on the head they are a bit tougher to clean. Aside from the looks the only other major difference I've heard about are the soles are softer and wear out quicker.

the issue is cleaning...and was the same with one of my favorite pair of Mizuno base shoes....the cloth with cling with dirt.....but just throw in a short bristle brush with your cleaning supplies.....

I have both styles as base shoes, and I like the all leather model MUCH better. They're softer, more durable, look better and are more comfortable.

Those are misleading ads, as the all leather one is used as a teaser, and the other one is pictured in the actual description.

They're both fine shoes, and you still got a good deal.