Pink Shirts

3rdGENump
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4347 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Who is going to be sporting the pink shirts this weekend? I am working a tournament this weekend and my partner and I are going to wear pink shirts for the semi's and finals.

For myself it is going to be a family event, I am umpiring with my wife's uncle, a lot of family will be there and I'm sure many pictures will be taken.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pink is for October for Brest Cancer Awareness. :rose:

Mothers Day Lou....come on man! :D

:smachhead: Daha :ZZZ:

I have been called a Mother BLANK many times and I forgot Sunday was Mothers Day....LOL

Normally we wouldn't work our Adult Ball on Mothers Day but with all the rain outs we are this year.

Have to contact my partner, we will go with Red since he doesn't have Pink :rock

My association is having a one day tourney on Saturday (first time they are having an event on Mother's Day Weekend). Unfortunately, we will be wearing black for mourning the loss of another umpire. However, I could see this as a pink weekend in future years.

I've got a set of pink shirts that we bust out on certain occasions. The first time I did a lady stepped up to me after the game, put her hand on my shoulder, and said "thank you". Somehow, in some way, it meant a lot to her that a guy could set aside that sigma of wearing pink, a show support for a cause that was meaningful to her.

Our association has been donating to the local cancer group for 3-4 years now. Umpires who want to make a donation do so and then are given pink sweat bands that we wear during games the first two weeks of May. Some go the extra step and wear the pink jerseys. Its a good community outreach for us.

I started wearing a pink sweatband with my Mom's name written on it during every game. She's 10 years cancer free, and I take her on the field for every game.

Pink is for October for Brest Cancer Awareness. :rose:

Thanks. I was thinking this was for all year round. Not that I am opposed to it, but it would take some getting use to.

we wear ours. No sense having shirts if you don't wear 'em

Rocked ours yesterday for the Championship game of our season opening tourney ..........

At the plate meeting, the home coach (home team made it to the finals) announced a round of applause for our salute to the Mother's with our pink shirts...we got a big ovation ...it was nice! :D

Rocked ours yesterday for the Championship game of our season opening tourney ..........

At the plate meeting, the home coach (home team made it to the finals) announced a round of applause for our salute to the Mother's with our pink shirts...we got a big ovation ...it was nice! :D

ON EDIT: ..... Pink + Polywools = sweet! ;)

I ordered my pink shirt last night. I don't know if I will get to use it this year but I will have it just in case I have a partner with a pink shirt.

Order one for yourself, and order another (in a size you think would fit MOST others in your assoc) ...then you can go Pink anytime you want!!! :D

yeah, kinda makes you feel good to be cheered once in awhile.

We always get compliments when we wear out Pink Shirts. But the most complements we ever got was when me and my partner showed up wearing our Camouflage shirts. Maybe its because we live in a very military city.