Called my no-hitter

cigarmon

cigarmon,

So, which team had the no-hitter?!?!!

To my knowledge, I've only called one no-hitter in my life so far, also a HS Varsity game. And I didn't realize it until I read the recap of the game in the local paper the next day. (Team that got no-hit did score one run on a walk and an error or something like that.)

I could tell the pitcher was pitching really well, just didn't realize it was a no-hitter. Probably just as well.

JM

I almost called a no-hitter... It was a Minors game I worked solo... The 8 year old who was pitching the ball closer to the dugout than the zone, but the batters kept swinging... Then I called a runner safe at first (one of the first times contact had been made), and I heard one coach go "awww, there goes the no hitter"... The parents and other coaches all chuckled.

(No. I would not have actually counted this as a no hitter if we weren't in the 'Funny Stories' category. :smachhead: )

For my no-no everybody in the stadium knew it.

It wasn't a perfect game so the border pitches were not as much of an issue, but it was still intense. I didn't want to be the one to F it up for the kid. IN fact, he just threw another one last night at the collegiate level!

He wasn't the only one...

My first varsity game was a perfect game (tournament game, teams very unmatched). Had the same F1 the following week. He hits the first batter and the second batter hits a double. So much for a repeat. I have not been close to one since.

For my no-no everybody in the stadium knew it.

It wasn't a perfect game so the border pitches were not as much of an issue, but it was still intense. I didn't want to be the one to F it up for the kid. IN fact, he just threw another one last night at the collegiate level!

He wasn't the only one...

No he wasn't. Crazy stuff!