New Nike mask pads and two complete new Nike masks

gnhbua93
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4350 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I have up for sale a new navy blue Nike catcher/umpire mask replacement pads. Asking $150.00 or best offer, the price includes shipping thru USPS. Also have two Nike masks for sale, new with tags, asking $900.00 or best offer also free shipping thru USPS. I'm planning on listing them on eBay in May if they are not interested here.

For any questions or offers I can be reach at gnhbua93@hotmail.com.

Hey, come on now. He's offering free shipping.

Lol I'll buy it all then!

I'm sure some sucker will buy the stuff. (no offense to any of you that bought a Nike Mask)

If you can afford it more power to you!

Let me put something straight here for my fellow umpires JaxRolo and kylejt. When Jax sold his used and upgraded CP for TOP dollar on eBay I din't say nothing. I didn't went to you and made a mockery of the auction that you sold your CP. And before you move your fingers in the keyboard, I know that you were amazed of the bidding war that went out in the last minutes of the auction process.

I don't go to anobody and tell how much they should charge for the equipment they are selling. I expect the same of another sports official. I stated that was the price stated or best offer. And for kylejt if I offer free shipping is my problem. So to end this gentleman, thanks for reading and thanks for your comments. They're well received but respectfully disagree with both of you.

Sorry if I came off disrespectful. It was my way of making fun of people that buy this stuff not you. I hope you get TOP dollar for your stuff just like I got for mine.

I just think that it's funny that people pay so much. I am also guilty of paying to much. I laugh at myself for paying $200 for the new Douglas when I have a perfectly fine Gold.

Again I apologize and don't take my comment personally.

• Like 1

Go ahead and take mine personally.

You have some major balls asking $150 for a set of freaking mask pads, and for coming on here and even thinking that any one of us is dumb enough to send you hundreds of dollars without the security of an ebay auction for some navy blue jock sniffer regalia. Don't wait until May.

And I second what Boy-in-R said so cleverly.

• Like 1

Hey, I think it was insane that someone paid me over $600 for three pair of MLB umpire pants.

I thought the amount of dough that I got for my Douglas was absolutely nuts.

So, if you find nutty or insane folks here, God Bless America.

But I still retain the right to think all those prices are crazy.

Me, I'd just put them in eBay, and let the insanity play itself out.

Not to add a comment that may get under your skin, but if you wanted to sell something why wouldn't you list it in the "For Sale" section on this site? (Nevermind I just saw your double post there)

Good luck with your sale, I need some pads to go with the $200 Nike throat guard I got a few weeks ago but I need black.

I think $450 is a fair asking price for a nike mask..

A price of $450 for a mask was never a fair asking price and only seems to be due to all of the shameless gouging that's been going on with the sales of these Nike masks.

I haven't worn one in a game, but I tried one, and played with it. It looks somewhat cool, has pads that I would immediately replace, and a cage that seems more neatly crafted than my titanium(s), but at more than twice the price (plus the cost of the extra pads), it's just an absolute joke.

America is the land of many things, including suckers. I'm sure that if these Nikes actually exist, this gouger will get $450 each. And there will probably even be some jock-sniffer who'll lay out $150 for those mediocre pads, just to adorn his titanium frame and make everybody think he's wearing a Nike.

Now I'm going to call my father and thank him once again for my inherent sense of reason.

A price of $450 for a mask was never a fair asking price and only seems to be due to all of the shameless gouging that's been going on with the sales of these Nike masks.

I haven't worn one in a game, but I tried one, and played with it. It looks somewhat cool, has pads that I would immediately replace, and a cage that seems more neatly crafted than my titanium(s), but at more than twice the price (plus the cost of the extra pads), it's just an absolute joke.

America is the land of many things, including suckers. I'm sure that if these Nikes actually exist, this gouger will get $450 each. And there will probably even be some jock-sniffer who'll lay out $150 for those mediocre pads, just to adorn his titanium frame and make everybody think he's wearing a Nike.

Now I'm going to call my father and thank him once again for my inherent sense of reason.

Well I guess I'm one of those people.. I purchased a new still in the box nike mask from a retired AAA catcher for a couple hundred. I'm a gear junkie and don't exactly find it a problem paying good money for the best equipment.

There is a big difference between a couple of hundred ( i might go for that) and five hundred ( definitely not doing that) ...

Well I guess I'm one of those people.. I purchased a new still in the box nike mask from a retired AAA catcher for a couple hundred. I'm a gear junkie and don't exactly find it a problem paying good money for the best equipment.

I was told by the head of Nike Baseball that the actual cost to make their mask is around $160, then they would have to sell it wholesale to stores for $300. With a retail price of $ 600, Nike feels there is not enough of a market for retail. It is the best constructed mask mask I have ever used. I have never missed a pitch wearing one...............wink wink

• Like 1

You say that $450 is a fair price and then you say that you only had to pay $200 for one?!?

How is that experience of yours relevant to what I stated in my post? That's a major stretch.

I'll be damned if one didn't just sell on eBay for $500.00... Wow.

$100 below retail (according to an earlier post). About a 17% discount. There seems to be a steady market for this mask at $500.

Nike mask is well established at this point. Market price is around $500.

Not to :fuel: but Jax's auction was for a one of a kind antique item, so no surprise the auction went SKY HIGH. Nike's are homogeneous (one is the same as another) and are still in production, so the price shouldn't fluctuate much, but there will always be outlier auctions on eBay where one will go for either less or more than market.

It's a shame that guy got slammed for offering up two Nike's at BELOW market. If you think the price they go for is insane, that is your prerogative, but don't hammer someone if they are not gouging. And selling for $450 each when market value is $500 is not gouging, he is actually leaving money on the table!

/stepping down from soapbox/

Nike mask is well established at this point. Market price is around $500.

Not to :fuel: but Jax's auction was for a one of a kind antique item, so no surprise the auction went SKY HIGH. Nike's are homogeneous (one is the same as another) and are still in production, so the price shouldn't fluctuate much, but there will always be outlier auctions on eBay where one will go for either less or more than market.

It's a shame that guy got slammed for offering up two Nike's at BELOW market. If you think the price they go for is insane, that is your prerogative, but don't hammer someone if they are not gouging. And selling for $450 each when market value is $500 is not gouging, he is actually leaving money on the table!

/stepping down from soapbox/

What a total jackass.

• Like 2