Sign in to follow this  
Moriarty_45

Son's milestone

My 15 y/o son Alex has been asked by the UIC to work the 9-10 league championship game this week. He has done over 50 games this season and continues to improve. His confidence is high enough that he did not even flinch when asked.

I also have to mention that my 10 y/o son's team won the Tennessee USSSA 10u Major's State Championship.

Proud dad,

David M

thats outstanding on both accounts.............congrats to you and your boys.......

your signature says it all........."proud dad"......

Edited by Stan W.
addditonal praise

Good advice. Maybe I will word it a little more subtle than that. :shakehead:

Why water it down? He's an umpire. :HD:

Good advice. Maybe I will word it a little more subtle than that. :shakehead:

Congrats

Don't make it any less subtle.

Don't suck for a umpire is equivalent to Break a Leg for a performer.

Tell him to not suck.

Congrats

Don't make it any less subtle.

Don't suck for a umpire is equivalent to Break a Leg for a performer.

Too funny! :WTF David, congrats to you and your son.

Sorry in advance for hijacking, but reminds me so clearly of a new commander I got one time many years back who was some bigshot at the puzzle palace (Pentagon).

He ended up being a real moonbat...good staff weenie, but that was about it.

Anyway, we sat down to do my initial feedback and he tells me, "I'm going to pass on some advice a general I once worked for told me."

I'm thinking to myself, "Alright, gonna get some priceless advice/mentorship here from up on high." :D

He then provides this sparkling gem of sage advice: "Don't f_ck up."

:D :o

congrats to both of you, my son, also 15 is in his 2nd year, i know exactly how you feel when you see them do well on the field after learning from you. good for him, and congrats to you for an obvious job well done....

Alex made it thru the championship game without incident. Seems like he never has any excitement unless I am there. Maybe I should have him tell me "not to suck".

I'd spread the word to Tony too letting them know Alex's accomplishments. I'm sure he'd be happy to hear.

As it turned out, Alex ended up doing the Silver 9-10 championship game last night as well. I was coaching on the other field and watched him get to call a triple play. R1, R2 batter flys out to F8, both runners go, then 8-6, 6-3. I cant recall ever getting to call a triple play. I also got to see him call a banger at 3rd. All I could hear was "YOU MISSED THAT ONE BLUE!!" I chimed in "GOOD CALL BLUE!!"

He got it right, parents are such idiots!!!