NB460 vs. Field Magistrates

Mike Prince
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4390 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Anyone make the switch from Field Magistrates to the new New Balance MU460's? Looking for some feedback on fit/comfort/performance differences.

I've had my Reeboks for 3 seasons now and am starting to look for a replacement. I really like the Reeboks and know how they fit, but the MU460's do look tempting, especially with the different width options.

I've seen different views on-line of whether or not the MU460's run true to size or need to be sized up. I went against the size-up advice when I got my Reeboks and they fit perfectly, but I got a pair of the ZigTech base shoes in my true size and they were too small, so trying to get some perspective on sizing from actual users before I put in an order.

Thanks!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone make the switch from Field Magistrates to the new New Balance MU460's? Looking for some feedback on fit/comfort/performance differences.

I've had my Reeboks for 3 seasons now and am starting to look for a replacement. I really like the Reeboks and know how they fit, but the MU460's do look tempting, especially with the different width options.

I've seen different views on-line of whether or not the MU460's run true to size or need to be sized up. I went against the size-up advice when I got my Reeboks and they fit perfectly, but I got a pair of the ZigTech base shoes in my true size and they were too small, so trying to get some perspective on sizing from actual users before I put in an order.

Thanks!

From what I've seen here on the board .... the new 460 isnt' like the 450, you order your size and it seems to work ....

i got the 460s. the bad thing is they come a loose in the front where the cover attaches. i have worn them on about 30 plates and have had to put them in the shoe shop twice. which is better and cheaper than sending them back. but other than that they are great plate shoes.

I will probably go for a pair of 460's, I have a neighbor from when I was growing up who still lives in MA and works for NB, holding out to see if she has a friends and family deal or an employee discount she can share. If not I will call Ump-Attire and confirm sizing before I place my order.