ASU vs. SC 6/22

Thunderheads
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5049 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Anyone catch this game ??

It's nice because the umps are 'miked' up so you can hear things you usually wouldn't.

Can't remember what inning, but it doesn't matter. ASU in the field. Ground ball to F3 for a double play, F6 shoots it back to first where F1 is covering, but he gets there late, and call is "SAFE, ...he's off the bag" ....

There's a second of silence, F1 gets up (because he stumbled on the play) looks back at U1, and trots back to the mound and you hear from the mic U1 say,... "NO YOU DIDN'T!":clap: It's safe to assume that F1 said something like ..."I got the bag blue, etc,etc..."....

Anyhow, wanted to share that:cheers:

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone catch this game ??

It's nice because the umps are 'miked' up so you can hear things you usually wouldn't.

Can't remember what inning, but it doesn't matter. ASU in the field. Ground ball to F3 for a double play, F6 shoots it back to first where F1 is covering, but he gets there late, and call is "SAFE, ...he's off the bag" ....

There's a second of silence, F1 gets up (because he stumbled on the play) looks back at U1, and trots back to the mound and you hear from the mic U1 say,... "NO YOU DIDN'T!":clap: It's safe to assume that F1 said something like ..."I got the bag blue, etc,etc..."....

Anyhow, wanted to share that:cheers:

CWS umpires have been mic up for a a few yrs now, I have heard some audio from some really good stuff.. I like that put it on tv, I know there is a delay in case of some few choice words..LOL