Finnerty Supply Bucket

misterblack36
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2557 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Have a day off of work before my first games tomorrow.  I am getting all of my gear re-organized and decided it is time to build my FSB.  Some of the newbies could benefit from this past gem.  Thanks again KFinn!!!

• Like 1

Built mine...Ugh 2 seasons ago!

It is, (And to be honest can't imagine be de-throned) The best thing that I have as far as my 'Equipment' goes! It is one of those things that at least once a week I say to myself 1. I love this bucket! 2.How did I not think of this bucket sooner!?!?!?!

I'm not quite there, but in about another week or 2 I will start to do an inventory check list...Looking forward to making the supply run!

• Like 1

Guys

Just bought and received 6 Finnerty Supply Bucket kits (buckets & bucket sleeves) for my sponsored umpires.

I have all of the contents listed in this thread for each as well BUT I have one question:

Do you cut the wire bail off of the bucket?

I have NOT started to assemble yet.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Any new guys on this site who hasn't seen this thread ....it's fun, and if you do tournaments .... this makes your life very easy!

No, it's not about mechanics, rules, or situations, but it's here in the equipment forum.  And, ...it IS ABOUT being organized and prepared for you to do the best job you can.

With it being mid-February, and a LOT of us are in the deep freeze, buried under FEET of snow, OR BOTH ..........well ....I thought this would help :meditation:

Enjoy!

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I already carry a few of these items, but love the bucket turned into seat part and keeping it organized.

Any places have the bucket and jacket cheap still? Amazon is $17 and $35 these days and the links to the one site are dead.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, udbrky said:

I already carry a few of these items, but love the bucket turned into seat part and keeping it organized.

Any places have the bucket and jacket cheap still? Amazon is $17 and $35 these days and the links to the one site are dead.

Sweet!

Everyone can say ANYTHING they want about this topic and thread in general.  This concept of the "bucket" is phenomenal!  Organization for anything you need in a nice compact space that doubles as a seat!!  BRILLIANT! :D 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Thunderheads said:

Sweet!

Everyone can say ANYTHING they want about this topic and thread in general.  This concept of the "bucket" is phenomenal!  Organization for anything you need in a nice compact space that doubles as a seat!!  BRILLIANT! :D 

I just wish he was still present on the forums. His info and ideas were always REALLY GOOD.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Got my bucket finally and it came on a rainout day!

2ru5zL8.jpghlsp08G.jpg

Bottles are:

Murphy's

Water

Soap (Palmolive dish)

scrubbing bubbles (moving away from this, as I suspect they are causing an issue with the pad on the toes of NB's)

Sprayway ammonia free glass cleaner

lysol

febreeze

Meguiar's

Put a brush in to scrub shoes there too.

Rest are in pockets on the right.

In my car I also carry:

hand sanitizer (in console for getting gas)

multi-head screw driver set

socket set

jimmy

accessory bag

pain reliever

Mucinex and Sudafed

Nasal Spray and Saline spray

Opcon-A 

Nemesis sunglasses

Advil cold & sinus for swollen nasal passages

scissors

2-sided tape

multi-tool

a few extra accessory/shoe bags (keep extra cup/jockstrap in one)

bug spray

Gym bag with:

body spray

water bottle

lacrosse ball

foam roller

bands

PAS numbing spray

pilates ball

sports tape

These are excellent for working out sore muscles

Still need:

WD-40

Windex

Zymol

Ammonia

Cookie container

Microfiber polishing mitt

shoe shining brush

spare shoelaces

leather dye

nail polish

mini-bungee cords

ink/paint removing stick

sharpie

sponge brush

adhesive putty

black gorilla repair tape

large sheers

cap brush

dry-cleaning wipes

steam buddy

Maybe some sunscreen, but don't ever wear any

I basically have no trunk or seat space during season. 

Edited by udbrky
Menards is a great place to check. They had that brush set for $2
  • Like 1

@udbrky

Nice work. I have one. Rawlings with MLB logo that I found at Dick's Sporting Goods. 

I had the pleasure of meeting, hanging out and dining out with Kevin Finnerty himself in November of 2015.  He drove. Saw his gear hauler of a car. And his bucket. He's got us all beat. 

Love the Crown Royal Bag. Reminded me of a Rodney Carrington comedy bit about ugly scrotums and how it would be cool if our ballsacks were more like Crown Royal bags all velvety and and soft with our names or nicknames embroidered on them. Haha. 

• Like 1

I love crown royal bags for carrying stuff in. They're great for glasses. I keep my sunglasses in them, my range glasses in them, and had my roommate gank a bunch when she quit working at the bar.  I love that scrotum quote!