Johnnyheat

New and glad to be here!

Greetings from Tampa! I've been reading the forums for three weeks and joined today, what a great source for information!

I'm 50 years old, was asked to volunteer as a base umpire twice this year and loved it, so this football coach is going to start this fall as a little league umpire. Fall ball in Florida is not as competitive as spring ball so it

seems the perfect way to start. I'll start doing 10-11, 11-12 games and go from there. I found a place called Strike Zone Umpire Training school that offers 2 and 3 day clinics, if anyone knows of other Umpire clinics in Florida let me know.

Welcome aboard.

LL is getting ready to start All-stars and I would imagine they'll be having Field Clinics and Rules Clinics. Even if you're not umpiring All-Stars, I would recommend going to the clinics...

Welcome to the blue crew!!!!! Mike's right, it is very addicting and can be a lot of fun, not to mention that you always have the best seat in the house for any game you call.

Welcome. Find the training and get as much as you can. Just a warning umpiring is extremely addicting.

Welcome, JohnnyHeat. I second what UIC advises: Get as much training as you can and umpiring IS extremely addicting - I've been an "addict" for 32 years and I would not have traded it in for anything else.

I understand you're excited to be here and give advice to the newbies, but I don't think replying to multiple 2-year-old threads is the way to do it. :)

• Like 2