Nobody's Perfect

Thunderheads
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4457 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I'm in the midst of enjoying Nobody's Perfect, by Armando Galaraga, and Jim Joyce. So far, a nice piece written in their own words, discussing their past, how they got where they are, and the lead up to the game and the play. Not too far into it, but so far, I like how it's moving......

I'll be honest: I'm not a fan of the book. Armando's sections are written horribly; Joyce's not so bad. It appears the writer took their interviews and wrote them exactly as they spoke -- not a good idea when one mainly speaks Spanish.

I'll be honest: I'm not a fan of the book. Armando's sections are written horribly; Joyce's not so bad. It appears the writer took their interviews and wrote them exactly as they spoke -- not a good idea when one mainly speaks Spanish.

In a way Andrew, ...it's kind of cool in that regard. When you read it, ..it's almost like Galaraga is speaking to you, ...........make sense?

In a way Andrew, ...it's kind of cool in that regard. When you read it, ..it's almost like Galaraga is speaking to you, ...........make sense?

Sure. And it would be annoying to listen to him talk. :)

• Like 2

Yeah like a missed call or getting caught out of position. There were times last year where I messed up ( it was my first season) and I'd beatyself up over it after the game. Some other umpires told me to not let it bother me but I just really wanted to do well so I took it to heart.