• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Done a lot in the big leagues... Plate guy wears what he wants (for example light blue and base umpires wear black). Base umpires just have to match other base umpires. Not a big deal.

I'm pretty sure that's not true. Granted, the plate guy may wear a jacket while the base guys wear the shirts (I know it's usually the other way around, but whatever). This had to be a mix up with the bags because they don't just wear whatever they want and let the base umpires decide if they want to wear something different. Not happening!

I'm pretty sure that's not true. Granted, the plate guy may wear a jacket while the base guys wear the shirts (I know it's usually the other way around, but whatever). This had to be a mix up with the bags because they don't just wear whatever they want and let the base umpires decide if they want to wear something different. Not happening!

no he ( arbiter was correct.)

Back when the guys wore creme shirts, I saw a game out in KC where the fields guys were in creme and the plate was in black. It's been done before, but I'm not sure I've seen it happen since.

Shirts and jackets are different though. I've seen PU in powder and BUs in their black jackets.

Just my observation.

It's true. In MLB the plate umpire does pick what he wants to wear and the rest of the crew has to match each other. Most of the time they do all match, but sometimes you see the PU wearing a different color than the BUs. It happens more often in Spring Training (that's where the pic came from since the PU is wearing Grey which isn't worn during the season).

It's true. In MLB the plate umpire does pick what he wants to wear and the rest of the crew has to match each other. Most of the time they do all match, but sometimes you see the PU wearing a different color than the BUs. It happens more often in Spring Training (that's where the pic came from since the PU is wearing Grey which isn't worn during the season).

It could be the regular season, and not spring training. I was watching the Giants-Angels world series from 2002 a while back, not sure which game it was, and the umpires were wearing gray.

Edited by blue32

7 man umpire crew? Where's the 7th guy go? Center field?

We actually had rotating field umpires, with the odd guy out eating dinner, and taking food orders for the next guy. Me, I had the dish, got to get heckled from the "odd" guy all night long. Good fun on the little field.