My upcoming clinic schedule for 2011-2012

sdix00
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4292 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Please let me know if you will be at any of these clinics. Would love to meet you all.

My Sons (Cam and Carter) and I are attending the Evans Desert Classic in Tucson the last week in October.

I am attending BBUC III 3-man Camp in Sacramento January 18-22. There will be a couple guys from my HS Association and this board going as well.

Cam and I are attending

Wendelstedt in Palm Springs in February 10-12.

I will be attending the

LL Western Region Umpire School Week #2 (2/18-2/24).

My sons, Cam and Carter will both attend the

Western Region Junior Academy in June.

Kicking it in to second gear this year. Should be a lot of fun! My older boy, Cam has the perfect temperament for umpiring. Never gets emotional and does everything like he is taught (by Semper) - every time. I am going with them to these clinics for my own personal development of course, but honestly I can't wait to see how the boys do in this environment. Gonna try to snap a few pics without being too overt.

Cam was one of two umpires under 18 during our District Tourney. And even though there is a policy of Adult PU's only, he was assigned two plates. Cameron also worked the Sr. State Championship 3-game series with me as ULF as a last minute fill-in. It was a very proud moment when the TD looked at Cam as asked if he had his gear ready and could fill in, and Cam said "always." There were others who could have filled in, but the TD didn't even think twice about adding him to our crew.

Each day I am thankful that umpiring gives me a way to spend time with my boys as they near adulthood and prepare to move away.

Anyway, enough of that. Let's just say I am really looking forward to these clinics. Hope to see some of you there!

anim_32.gif

Carter (14)

6220657582_6ae3d2dc10.jpg6220687400_cbfee653f7.jpg

Cameron (15)

6194797575_17933dd513.jpg6194756457_9e88519cc3.jpg

• Like 1

Steve,

I'll see you at Black and Blue in Jan and of course our meetings. I will also try to go to Harry's in Feb. I talked to our president tonight and he said we should go and just work out the schedule conflict with our rep. Also do you have the info on Western.....? And finally why aren't you going to the free MLB clinic on Nov 5th? Glad your boys are getting into it. I'm very proud to say I started when they did and I wish that my dad could've been there like you are for them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I will write up a review later. But suffice it to say, it was a fantastic week.

My older son Cameron, the shorter one below, was offered a job with a SoCal association who works travel ball tourneys. They were VERY impressed with him. He worked in a different cage group, but several attendees and instructors made a point to come find me and tell me how awesome he is.

I am beaming.

notworthy.gif

6293212786_63f358e39a_z.jpg

beerbangX.gif

6292690317_4c7c841b82_z.jpg

• Like 2

Hey NuBlue my buddy Spagnardi will be there. He's an evaluator with PBUC. He's a great guy. You'll like him. We used to work high school ball together before he went to Harry's and got a job.

Hey NuBlue my buddy Spagnardi will be there. He's an evaluator with PBUC. He's a great guy. You'll like him. We used to work high school ball together before he went to Harry's and got a job.

Spagnardi is an incredible instructor also. I met him when he was in AA.

• 3 weeks later...

Some "after" shots to compliment the "before" shots in the OP, then I promise I will shut up about how awesome my kids are. deadhorse.gif

Camera phone at night, so not the best quality, but even in the low quality pics, you can tell he learned something in Tucson.

This is Carter (14) in his 12U game (one-man) the other night. avatar137493_6.gif

6351760181_b01be7493d.jpg

6351754847_df422bbe79.jpg6351755525_546079e79c.jpg

6352504156_c2062a8d75.jpg6352499410_7f1d42f205.jpg

• 6 months later...

OK, so I lied about shutting up about it. I didn't want to start a whole new thread, but I no way am I not posting this.

6/9/2012

CA D24 Junior League

Tournament of Champions

Championship Game

Cam is U3

7359876472_0112c42290.jpg

Back to work.

• Like 7

I can always tell who went to Evans just by watching the National Anthem, hand over heart not hat. In your picture with all the instructors, i stay in contact with 2 of them im going to watch Carlos in IA Saturday the 23rd while up in Omaha for CWS. Hes a great guy and instructor. Blake and i talk alot and i went to see him alot last year while he was in FSL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...