Cap Creasing

Thunderheads
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4041 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Ok after reading nearly every post, I noticed a lack of pictures. I learned from an older guy about creasing the front but what about the back? Anyone care to upload pics of their best creases? Just a youngster trying to learn the ropes here...

I just creased a hat this morning and took some pictures.  If they turned out okay and I have some free time this week I'll post them. If not, they'll be in the 2013 Umpire Manual for the Mid-American Umpire Clinic, Sept. 5-8 in Springfield, MO <------shameless plug!

• Like 2

Ok after reading nearly every post, I noticed a lack of pictures. I learned from an older guy about creasing the front but what about the back? Anyone care to upload pics of their best creases? Just a youngster trying to learn the ropes here...

I just creased a hat this morning and took some pictures.  If they turned out okay and I have some free time this week I'll post them. If not, they'll be in the 2013 Umpire Manual for the Mid-American Umpire Clinic, Sept. 5-8 in Springfield, MO <------shameless plug!

When are you updating the Site?

When are you updating the Site?

Someday soon.  Maybe this week if I have a free night.  It's about ready I just need to finish a couple things.

• Like 1

Warren, your daughter did excellent work!  Zoomed in when I needed it, kept it steady - thank her for us.  Great presentation, easy to follow, thanks!  Didn't know this existed, now I'll be trying it in about 20 minutes.

Warren you have helped me become a creaser with that video, it was never clear to me how to do it nor how easy it is, thankyou!

Any chance you could make a video on how to crease with logo's in the front and back? The FHSAA has a big logo in the front and a small patch on the back of the hat.

Looks good. Thanks for this. I'm gonna give this a try soon.

Does it work as well on mesh caps?

I'm honestly not trying to be a jerk here, but first I wouldn't try it on mesh. But mesh isn't suitable for any level of organized baseball.

The cost isn't that different from the wool, and for all the effort umpires go through to look the part, a mesh cap would ruin all of that effort.

• Like 2

Looks good. Thanks for this. I'm gonna give this a try soon. Does it work as well on mesh caps?

I'm honestly not trying to be a prick here, but first I wouldn't try it on mesh. But mesh isn't suitable for any level of organized baseball. The cost isn't that different from the wool, and for all the effort umpires go through to look the part, a mesh cap would ruin all of that effort.While I don't disagree, I must ask... Have you ever worked in 110+ degree Texas heat? Mesh is much cooler.

I'm honestly not trying to be a prick here, but first I wouldn't try it on mesh. But mesh isn't suitable for any level of organized baseball.

The cost isn't that different from the wool, and for all the effort umpires go through to look the part, a mesh cap would ruin all of that effort.

I have a hunch the mesh of what you are thinking is not the same as the rest of us.

This isn't the trucker-cap kind of mesh. This is the pro-mesh, the kind that is used in many a professional-level cap.

I'm honestly not trying to be a prick here, but first I wouldn't try it on mesh. But mesh isn't suitable for any level of organized baseball.

I have a hunch the mesh of what you are thinking is not the same as the rest of us.

This isn't the trucker-cap kind of mesh. This is the pro-mesh, the kind that is used in many a professional-level cap.

???? :HS ????

I generally use wool behind the plate and mesh on the bases.

it's pretty common here in Tx to see mesh.

I have both though.

I only use a 4 stitch as well. The 6 stitch is just too long for me

for what, a HSM?

I just did a video I'm not completely satisfied, but will post it and maybe try again later. I know I said I'd do one last year but I just did it. 

My daughter (11 y/o) was my camera operator, so it is what it is.

Great Job! And Kudos to your daughter. She was steady and zoomed in just at the right moments. Excellent!

• Like 1

I generally use wool behind the plate and mesh on the bases.

it's pretty common here in Tx to see mesh.

I have both though.

I only use a 4 stitch as well. The 6 stitch is just too long for me

for what, a HSM?

No. I don't use a HSM. I was just saying I prefer the look of the 4 stitch hats on the plate and bases.

???? :HS ????

Your question is?

First of all ......

that's a "spring training" picture or uniform, and secondly, I'm talking about umpires at a professional level wearing a pro-mesh cap, which, everyone else would think you were referring to also....

I just did a video I'm not completely satisfied, but will post it and maybe try again later. I know I said I'd do one last year but I just did it. 

My daughter (11 y/o) was my camera operator, so it is what it is.

http://youtu.be/VhZJq7aKi0w

Good info thanks. I crease but never tried ironing.

I'm honestly not trying to be a jerk here, but first I wouldn't try it on mesh. But mesh isn't suitable for any level of organized baseball.

Usually when people start their sentances with things like I'm not trying to be a jerk, means they actually are LOL 

I agree promesh doesn't give the best look.

He's a player in a BP uniform. Apples to oranges. If umps had a BP uniform maybe they would allow mesh.

Have a great day. It's almost baseball season!

I creased the hell out of a new cap last night.  It was my best crease yet.  Left it folded up overnight and all day today.  It will be sharp by the time I get home this afternoon.