PU wearing balloon in Canada/Saudi Arabia game

johnnyg08
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4625 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was here to post the same exact thing....

I turned the game on and was actually said to my mom "What the hell!! I would get yelled at for doing that and this is on national TV!"

Did you notice that the PU also occasionaly will actually signal a ball with a 2 or 3 on her left hand? :shakehead:

The announcers said she usually works Little League Softball, is the balloon acceptable there or something?

She is from Mexico.

I have no problem with anyone using a ballon in youth ball.

What surprised me more was the way the Canadian coach motivated his catcher. I expect more from you and walks away.

Class act.

She is from Mexico.

I have no problem with anyone using a ballon in youth ball.

What surprised me more was the way the Canadian coach motivated his catcher. I expect more from you and walks away.

Class act.

I don't have too much of a problem wearing the balloon for a Saturday afternoon fall ball game at a dusty park down the road where the kids are just having fun... But this is the Little League World Series.

-EDIT- I didn't hear that.... I've had the game on mute for a while... I'll turn it back and watch.

I think the third base umpire just yelled "FAIR BALL FAIR BALL" on a ball that almost went foul.

Unfortunately, no. It was the PU not only making a verbal "fair ball!" call, but it wasn't even her call to make. Pane of glass...

Her head height is so low, I can't imagine how she sees the bottom of the zone. Oh, and how about that verbal on the swinging strike three? :WTF

If you turn it on ESPN right now, the California-Rhode Island PU is doing a great job and looking the part too... That should be every ump in the LLWS.

Agreed - he did an excellent job. Look out for that team from So Cal - they could be the ones to beat. 11-0 today without throwing their best pitcher. They have outscored their last 7 opponents 52-6.

If you turn it on ESPN right now, the California-Rhode Island PU is doing a great job and looking the part too... That should be every ump in the LLWS.

Agreed - he did an excellent job. Look out for that team from So Cal - they could be the ones to beat. 11-0 today without throwing their best pitcher. They have outscored their last 7 opponents 52-6.

That was impressive... They really kicked some butt.... I got a good laugh out of the Rhode Island player and his gum time display with the cameraman. :lol:

Did anybody catch the foul ball fiasco. The U3, actually an excellent umpire, was dodging the ball. As he moved and twisted he showed foul, at the same time the LF line umpire showed fair. Then it was a huge mess figuring what to do. It landed on the line but one umpire showed foul. They finally ended up calling it foul, not pretty.

Yes, obviously he made a mistake in making a call that wasn't his, but if there was no outfield umpire, the only guys making a fuss about him calling a fair ball foul would have been the ESPN commentators. The REAL problem with that call was making PU wander around stalling for time while he was trying to work out the proper way to rectify it.

Gee - you'd think this was the first time in all of baseball history that two umpires made conflicting calls.

(Where's that picture of a two umpire safe - out at home plate in MLB when you really need it?)

John 8:7

VargoKibler.jpg

Good enough?