Davis Protection Comparison

someoneinca
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5193 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After seeing a DaviShield in person last weekend, I find that very hard to believe.

I have one, and believe me, don't believe it. That test is bogus. I wouldn't use it in any game that a baseball might be involved in.

That said, it's a great idea, on paper. The backing is wonderful, and the harness is great. It adjusts up around the collar snugly. No break in is required, as it wraps around your chest quite nicely. It's thin, breaths well, and is an overall joy to wear.

Until you get hit with a baseball, that is.

I have a gold (L/XL) that I just got from ump-attire and oddly enough...it seems like the platinum (smaller size marked at 1075 but measures nearly 12) fits better/ less bulky looking. Not what I expected. At the moment, I am leaning towards keeping both... cant hurt to have a back up.

Anyone else see this comparison? It's at the top of the page.

Gerry Davis Sports claims that their new DaviShield offers better protection than the Platinum and other CPs. After seeing a DaviShield in person last weekend, I find that very hard to believe.

http://www.gerrydavis.com/mm5/category/Chest_Protectors

Another example of deceptive advertising:FIRE::GL:

No one proof read the chart either. Product codes do not match product codes in pics.

I wonder when they will start marketing protective equipment using sexy centerfolds:D