Mizuno Shoes

shagpal
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3690 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I am not interested in the shoes, but, I was wondering if it is safe to buy from this site?

Anybody ever purchase from this ( or any other Japanese site) site before?

Just remember you may have to pay custom fees on top of the price of the product when it comes outside of the U.S.

Ive seen these shoes and when I was in Osaka last year on business and I searched for them....my main concerns would be fit....I wear mizuno base shoes but would want to see them and try them on beforee I invested so much money.....which in any case is more then the best domestic plate shoes....

I thought we went through this already. Small plates do not protect as well as large ones. Take a ball on the instep with those crazy shoes, and it's gonna hurt.

Why are folks so ga-ga about gear that's really exclusive, or hard to get. Just to be the first on the block? I know guys who've paid big bucks for those goofy Mizuno throat protectors, because they've seen guys on TV with them. And now these goofy shoes? Nike masks? Same thing.

Honestly, If Joe West started wearing a hard shell, Japanese made diaper, half you knuckleheads would be firing up Google to find one.

• Like 2

I thought we went through this already. Small plates do not protect as well as large ones. Take a ball on the instep with those crazy shoes, and it's gonna hurt.

Why are folks so ga-ga about gear that's really exclusive, or hard to get. Just to be the first on the block? I know guys who've paid big bucks for those goofy Mizuno throat protectors, because they've seen guys on TV with them. And now these goofy shoes? Nike masks? Same thing.

Honestly, If Joe West started wearing a hard shell, Japanese made diaper, half you knuckleheads would be firing up Goodle to find one.

I already wear one. My opinion? Depends.

You have to understand that the philosophy on plate mechanics is different concerning Japan and the US. In Japan they want the PU directly behind the catcher versus being in the slot in the US. In my opinion being directly behind the catcher reduces the odds of being hit on the toe or instep.

2 cents inserted.

Honestly, If Joe West started wearing a hard shell, Japanese made diaper, half you knuckleheads would be firing up Goodle to find one.

I don't think many of us want to know what's in Joe West's pants.

• 2 years later...

This thread is a little old but I thought I'd throw out my 2 cents after having some experience with them. I don't own a pair but I have had the pleasure of wearing them before and they are extremely comfortable as well as protective. I found them to be just as protective if not more protective than my Reeboks and my New Balance 460s. I have a friend in japan who is an NPB umpire there who is sending me the newer style of them that are even more protective and I will start a new thread for those when they get in. 

This thread is a little old but I thought I'd throw out my 2 cents after having some experience with them. I don't own a pair but I have had the pleasure of wearing them before and they are extremely comfortable as well as protective. I found them to be just as protective if not more protective than my Reeboks and my New Balance 460s. I have a friend in japan who is an NPB umpire there who is sending me the newer style of them that are even more protective and I will start a new thread for those when they get in. 

Please do, ...always fun to see stuff being worn somewhere else ....

I thought Alfonzo Marquez was wearing those last season?

Please do, ...always fun to see stuff being worn somewhere else ....

I thought Alfonzo Marquez was wearing those last season?

Fonzo has worn them for the past 2-3 seasons. From my sources on the inside he may be debuting a pair of the new style this year as well. 

• Like 1