tommy

nutty buddy

ok so I have seen the videos and I have to try the nutty buddy. my question is to anyone who wears this item, do you need a special supporter from nutty buddy or will my tights with cup pocket work. I wear the McDavid umpire tights with built in cup pocket. thanks for the help !

Well, I don't own one but I understand you need to wear the jock which they sell with it. But the compression shorts should be fine.

BTW Welcome to Umpire-Empire

I wear one. You wear your tights...ankle or knee length it does not matter...then you put a jock on. Not one with a cup pocket, but a simple jock. You can find them on Nutty Buddy site or lots of other places. The Nutty Buddy then goes in between the jock and tights. It is free floating. It takes a bit to get used to it, but I will never go back to anything else.

It won't work with the cup pocket for the mcdavid's or the smitty brand of tights (I use both). Use a standard jock strap w/o a cup pocket, as slo points out you can get em on the nutty site, or any sports store.

It feels a little strange at first, almost a free floating :censored: sensation as opposed to the more "snug" feeling of the old banana cup, but once your used to it, it's like nothing else. Your first good shot will make you a true believer! (shameless plug I know.)

Tom

You wear the tights, then put the nutty buddy and jock on the outside. You don't even notice it's there... :)

You wear the tights, then put the nutty buddy and jock on the outside. You don't even notice it's there... :)

If you put the jock outside the tights, you'll notice it's there as soon as you get drilled.

You put the Nutty Buddy under a regular jock (without the pocket) but on top of your briefs. You then put tights on over the jock. So from the bottom up it goes underwear, Nutty Buddy, jock strap, tights of some sort.

Only got hit once or twice all of this past season and didn't feel a thing.

You put the Nutty Buddy under a regular jock (without the pocket) but on top of your briefs. You then put tights on over the jock. So from the bottom up it goes underwear, Nutty Buddy, jock strap, tights of some sort.

Only got hit once or twice all of this past season and didn't feel a thing.

My point was that you don't put tights on under a cup, or you are subjecting yourself to a whole new kind of ... compression.

My point was that you don't put tights on under a cup, or you are subjecting yourself to a whole new kind of ... compression.

Oddly enough, that's how NB says you wear it ?!:rollinglaugh:

Oddly enough, that's how NB says you wear it ?!:rollinglaugh:

That's correct - Nutty Buddy specifically states that you should NOT use a pocket type of compression shorts (or tights) nor do you use a pocket type of jock with the Nutty Buddy.

It does sound weird on hearing that, but it works... the idea is for the NB to 'float' a bit as you move.

So as others have pointed out, you wear a pair of compression shorts first, then pull a regular jock on, and insert the NB into the jock.

You don't have to buy the jock that NB sells - which is simply a regular BIKE jock, nor do you have to buy their compression shorts. All you really need is the Nutty Buddy cup.

I used a NB for the first time last summer, and I won't go back to the old-fashioned banana cup- ever.

I ordered one today after taking another shot on a foul tip yesterday.

You won't regret it. I took a straight shot with it (the catcher some how didn't even get a glove on the ball) and I hardly felt anything.

You ordered one after taking a "what" ???? :fuel:;) ;)

See the shot to the boys affected my ability to properly express my self.

Ouchhhhhhhhhhhhhh:smachhead::shrug:

See the shot to the boys affected my ability to properly express my self.

Ouchhhhhhhhhhhhhh:smachhead::shrug:

NICE!! I'm glad you took it the right way!:fuel: