2011 NABA

catsbackr
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4603 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I'm not exactly sure what is going on with the NABA in my area this year, but we have had a rash of ejections lately.

I assign for this league and I am notified of all ejections. So far this year, we have had 10 player ejections and ejected a manager after a team had been warned. In the manager ejection, the manager was also a player and when the pitcher hit the next batter the pitcher and manager were ejected. They only had 7 players after that, ball game!

Like I said, it's been a little strange around here.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

We had more ejections this than in the past. We added three young teams so there was no experienced guys to temper them. The BOD are four umpires, myself included, so an ejection is backed 100% by the board.

LOL, we only have 1 umpire on the Board here and I am also the assignor and so all ejections are backed 100% too.

It's gotta be the heat this year.

• 3 weeks later...