New Honigs Shirts

johnnyg08
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4624 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to upgrade the sizes of my plate shirts so they fit correctly with my WV Gold. Currently I have a stock of the Majestic XL and Honigs XL jerseys.

The XL's fit a bit tight with my WV Gold. My question to the board is: How are the new Honigs shirts sizing? Can I order an XL under the new Honigs shirts, or should I size up to XXL for my plate shirts. I'm not a big guy at all, so the thought of an XXL makes me very nervous, but if the new ones run small like my old ones do, then of course I'd need to size up to an XL.

This doesn't have to limit itself to the Honig jerseys, I'm not interested in anything Official's choice, but I would be interested to hear how the ump-attire shirts run...do they run big, or should I size up for plate?

Thank you for your feedback,

John

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've ordered XL shirts from various suppliers and they fit just loose enough to feel comfortable on the bases and stretch just enough to feel comfortable over a CP. The problem I have with Honigs is that they embroider their logo on the back which gives them free advertising...I guess I don't like being a walking billboard for them.

I've ordered XL shirts from various suppliers and they fit just loose enough to feel comfortable on the bases and stretch just enough to feel comfortable over a CP. The problem I have with Honigs is that they embroider their logo on the back which gives them free advertising...I guess I don't like being a walking billboard for them.

Just trying to think of a piece of my umpire gear that doesnt have logos.............all my good shirts.......Honigs/+POS/majestic/cliff Keen/logo athletic all have some sort of logo on them.......and my mask and CP....shin guards and plate shoes......

Just trying to think of a piece of my umpire gear that doesnt have logos.............all my good shirts.......Honigs/+POS/majestic/cliff Keen/logo athletic all have some sort of logo on them.......and my mask and CP....shin guards and plate shoes......

Smitty shirts don't have anything on them.....and they are nice!

The new Honig shirts are great and they do flex a bit.

I am 5' 11" - 190lbs and I just bought a new medium that is fine on the bases or plate. I also have a new large and it is great behind the plate but I feel like I'm swimming in it on the bases. I'd say if you normally wear XL, stick with it. The new shirts are 10x better than their old.

Are the Smitty shirts the new soft mesh that the new Honigs have or are they the harder less malleable mesh like the old honigs?

The new Honig shirts are great and they do flex a bit.

I am 5' 11" - 190lbs and I just bought a new medium that is fine on the bases or plate. I also have a new large and it is great behind the plate but I feel like I'm swimming in it on the bases. I'd say if you normally wear XL, stick with it. The new shirts are 10x better than their old.

Are the Smitty shirts the new soft mesh that the new Honigs have or are they the harder less malleable mesh like the old honigs?

Stretchy, soft ,..... nice! But they're cut a little smaller overall, ...I'm usually an xl, and take a 2xl in Smitty's ...perfect for plate, just a little big on bases

Smitty shirts don't have anything on them.....and they are nice!

Yes, we are walking billboards. Ump-attire shirts have the logo hidden at the bottom and they are very nice as well.

John was is your jacket or Belt size? Im a 38 in and a 42L on a jacket and I wear a Large on both base and plate b/c the new shirts have alot of flex. Hope this helps

I am a 36 waist, 38 belt, and a 42-44 jacket.

I think I will go to the XL for my plate shirts to wear w/ the WV Gold.

The ones I have right now fit, but they just look a bit snug with the Gold.

John was is your jacket or Belt size? Im a 38 in and a 42L on a jacket and I wear a Large on both base and plate b/c the new shirts have alot of flex. Hope this helps

Your my size exactly :D and the XL Honig is what I wear with my WV Gold.

with honigs i get a flag patch and have it sewn on to cover it up. I do it with all my shirts but thats one way to cover it up.

Some on here will say that wearing a flag is un-American

well thats why some of us joined the military so they have the right to say that. They just better not say that to me,but they can think what they want.

I agree with you. I served 26 years and I see nothing wrong with wearing the flag.

I agree with you. I served 26 years and I see nothing wrong with wearing the flag.

I would have sworn you weren't even 30 yet. Don't know if that's a compliment or not.

I would have sworn you weren't even 30 yet. Don't know if that's a compliment or not.

Is it because you are looking at the avatar pic or because I act like a child? :rolleyes:

• 5 weeks later...

Your my size exactly :D and the XL Honig is what I wear with my WV Gold.

I am the same size and I wear a L on the plate and i could wear a Medium on the bases.. the shirts are made a little bigger on purpose..

get your belt 1 size up, as You are suppose to have 3 holes showing on your belt.

I have been wearing Cliff Keen shirts for 3 yrs now. They are thin and really good shirts. The only logo if the CK on the left sleeve. The sizes of the CK shirts are pretty big. I usually wear XL or 2XL in all my shirts but I have a few Larges that I wear from CK with no problem, even over my CP.

I am not a fan of the HONIGS on the back of the shirt. To me that is kinda like me putting my embroidery business name on every shirt we sell.

You cannot take the Honigs logo off. Too much stitching. You can however remove pockets. You have to be very very careful and for the best results use a professional steamer to remove the pocketlines from the shirt after removal. That is why I thought is was kinda dumb for Ump-Atire to stock non pocket shirts. They should not tie up their $$$ on that stuff. A seam ripper and 15 minutes does the job.