Sign in to follow this  
skkayak4

Homerun or Not?

BR hits a deep fly ball in LL game. Field has yellow guard (5" diam) on fence. Ball hits the fence in flight, pops up, and lands in the outfield. What is the call?

There's no call necessary. Play on.

was there a question on whether or not it was a HR?.....hits the yellow goes over the fence..HR....falls inside fence...play on.

Guys,

I have to disagree. If the BU is in A, and clearly trying to make the call for the PU because the wind is swirling and dust everywhere and BU sees it hit the top of the fence and it looks like it is going over and he signals strongly HR as he is running to pivot in the infield.......

Then in your mind it clearly is a HR, but when the coach comes out screaming and your PU, looks at you and goes, we better give him 2nd....and you, sheepishly remember that for the rest of your life LOL....

Minus any special ground rules, play on.

But, if they have some crazy ground rule like St. Louis (I believe), then it depends. More than likely, this is not the case but you never know. :)

Guys,

I have to disagree. If the BU is in A, and clearly trying to make the call for the PU because the wind is swirling and dust everywhere and BU sees it hit the top of the fence and it looks like it is going over and he signals strongly HR as he is running to pivot in the infield.......

Then in your mind it clearly is a HR, but when the coach comes out screaming and your PU, looks at you and goes, we better give him 2nd....and you, sheepishly remember that for the rest of your life LOL....

What is it - hot down there or something? :banghead:

What's this business of BU making a call on the ball when he's in the infield pivoting? :shakehead:

:agasp_:

LOL..... YOU wrong me... I swear....wind gusts, swirling.... was just messy.... So I go half asssed.......and then in...like it was a 10U game.....

All I can say is NEVER again... LOL

LOL..... YOU wrong me... I swear....wind gusts, swirling.... was just messy.... So I go half asssed.......and then in...like it was a 10U game.....

All I can say is NEVER again... LOL

That's nothing... this past weekend I was U3... ball hit well to right/center gap.... F8 & F9 both moving to it.... and so I, (as U3) decide.... TO GO OUT ON IT.... from the D spot. :WTF

It took a good 4-5 steps (as I'm running along the lovely dirt path they built for me B) ) and I see my partner, wa-a-a-y over there in A, and he's button-hooking back into the infield. :(

I told him an inning later: "I won't do that again. But in case I do, don't change your plan - go out as you should, and I'll eat dirt for it." ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcOZ6xFxJqg

:P

That is why we love this game.... First time I went to a NCAA camp and never had worked three man, I did that from A... CF is moving straight back a shade to his left, I get about 30 feet from him on a can of corn and my partner in D was about 65 feet away. Turned out to be a HS evaluator and we still laugh about it now... Our PU, did get to 2nd...and I go...on me... He was like, I loved that, cause you made ME look good LOL...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygctbqBijFk

I am just glad you cant dance..