hckyosgood30

years of experience?

Started in 2004 but I don't count those first two years so I'm going with 6 years

Why is that?

Started in 2004 but I don't count those first two years so I'm going with 6 years

Why is that?

I was a VU in 04 & 05. Joined an association and started getting real training in 06.

I was a VU in 04 & 05. Joined an association and started getting real training in 06.

Not a good enough reason. I'm sure a lot of us could say our first few years were full of less-than-good training (if any).

Not a good enough reason. I'm sure a lot of us could say our first few years were full of less-than-good training (if any).

Yeah. Could you count those two years, please? Otherwise I am at zero.

That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

But for the sake of getting us to 1000, I'll include those two years.

Total 570

I was a LL umpire for ten years before I joined an association. At least the first seven I had no training, no rulebook, anything I did right was by accident. We started getting training and clinics from the local HS group. I was asked to join them and been a member for the past 26 yrs. I am now the training officer for the same group.

Keep it up boys. So far we're at 573 and I know that there are several people who have yet to put down their years of service who frequent this site.

3 years about 15 years ago and starting 3rd year since coming back so add another 6 years.

It could be more since the number of games I work here may be equal to 2 or 3 years for some. :jerkit:

@ SDix - At least your not repeating the first year over and over :cheers::cheers:

3 years about 15 years ago and starting 3rd year since coming back so add another 6 years.

It could be more since the number of games I work here may be equal to 2 or 3 years for some. :jerkit:

@ SDix - At least your not repeating the first year over and over :cheers::cheers:

let me help you out Semper... 575+6 = 581

I was a LL umpire for ten years before I joined an association. At least the first seven I had no training, no rulebook, anything I did right was by accident. We started getting training and clinics from the local HS group. I was asked to join them and been a member for the past 26 yrs. I am now the training officer for the same group.

Similar here - I don't count the 3-4 years I umpired as an untrained parent volunteer.