Beach Blast tourney

LMSANS
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5803 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I worked the Beach Blast baseball tourney ( www.beachblastbaseball.com ) this weekend. 8 games over the 3 days 6 of them behind the plate. The last five, I was partnered with a rookie who doesn't do the plate. Temps got to 80 and humid on Monday.

The tourney was under Fed rules. I worked the 13u level. The worst thing that happened was in the final game my rookie partner ran into a F6 trying to make an easy fly ball catch. All runners safe. Ouch! Sorry coach. Probably didn't have any real impact on the final result but at the time it kept a rally alive that went from 4 runs to 6 runs after what could have been an easy 3rd out.

SOme of the other things I can remember:

• The coach who said his pitcher didn't need to stop because it was his natural motion.
  • I lost track of the count after a foul ball. I said 0-1, F2 says 0-2 Blue, batter turns to me and says yeah blue theres 2 strikes. I congratulated the batter for his integrity and let his coach know about also.
  • 6 of the games were 10 run games, ended on the mercy rule. All but the final came in under the 2 hour curfew.

It was fun and I'll be back there for the July 4th tourney.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic