• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

By Guest
      Is there a Force Play Slide Rule in NFHS Fastpitch softball like there is in baseball?  What rule number?  If not what are the major differences between how it is called?  Can a girl go in to second base standing up obviously making the 2nd baseman throw over her to turn the double play?  I know this would be an easy FPSR in NFHS or NCAA Baseball but have seen it not called 3 times in NFHS softball games this year.  So I was wondering if there was a major rule difference that I was unaware of.  Thanks.  
    • By zm1283
      Take a look at this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMYejsgJCmk&feature=related

This was obviously a few years ago. Has the FPSR changed in NCAA in recent years? I haven't been at this long enough to know either way. F1 sliding past second base is not illegal now, but was it before? The announcers are basically claiming that the FED slide rule was in effect at this time and F1 should be out for interference. (I know, announcers are clueless)

Also, do you have interference for F1 grabbing at the backside of the pivot man on the double play? I didn't think he touched him at first, but they eventually showed an angle and he did make slight contact.
    • By James88
      FED rules.
      On a ground ball when the defense is trying to turn a double play, how do we rule on a runner that doesn't slide?  Obviously by rule they are not required to slide, but is there any good rule or guidance on where we draw the line and say they interfered with a throw for an attempted double play?
      I've always taken the approach that if the runner is in the immediate vicinity of the base and alters play it could be interference.  Otherwise, I figure the fielder has ample opportunity to make a quality throw without being affected by the runner.
      I don't find any examples of this type of play in the Case Book, but if I've missed something, please point me in the right direction.
      Thanks.
    • By UmpJM
      Guys,

I'm having a little difficulty persuading a couple of colleagues about the proper interpretation of the FED FPSR. I would appreciate it if you would all take my little "FPSR" test. 

Any supporting commentary would also be appreciated.

Thanks.

JM
    • By johnnyg08
      Reviewing the guidelines for an illegal slide....letter "f" caught my eye
      "f. the runner, on a force play, does not slide on the ground and in a direct line between the two bases."
      To those of you out there who work NFHS baseball.
      On a double play ball is letter "f" to be interpreted as a violation of FPSR if R1 goes in standing to 2B past the halfway point? 
      Is there an NFHS interpretation to support a violation or no violation?
      In my mind, I read it as the NFHS wanting the runners to get down or veer away to avoid an overzealous middle infielder slinging the baseball into R1 chest or face. A preventative safety measure. 
      A 2007 NFHS Interpretation States the following but doesn't necessarily apply to the question being asked:
      SITUATION 3: With no outs and R1 on first base, B2 hits a hard ground ball to F6. F6 fields the ball and steps on second base and then throws to first base in an attempt to double up B2. R1 is running standing up in a straight line to second and is hit by F6's throw. R1 was not even half way to second base and did not intentionally interfere with the throw. The defensive coach states that B2 should also be out since R1 violated the force-play slide rule. RULING: This is not a violation of the force play slide rule. R1 cannot be expected to slide at that point in the base path. The play stands. R1 would be out only if he intentionally interfered. (8-4-2b penalty)
      2016 BRD Childress seems to support the assertion.
      See attachments.
      What are your thoughts? 
      Thanks.