Third Tournament Rainout

moblue
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4713 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

As most of you know, the midwest has been thoroughly drenched by rain recently, which has led to flooding in many areas here, and now further south as the Mississippi drains the water away from us. Because of rain I have lost over 20 games, now getting close to 30 games I'm sure. Included in those games lost are 2 tournaments, one of which was supposed to nicely help out my bank account after going to JEAPU. Now rain is scheduled for this weekend, which would wash out the second largest tournament of the year for me. If this keeps up, I'm going to need to get a different job. :question1::crybaby2:

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. It's been absolutely ridiculous this year. Where is all the rain coming from?

How bad has it been in Ohio? Here's a blurb from one of our local weather forecasters:

Monday was the coldest day ever over Ohio.

Columbus' high was 49. The previous record low maximum was 50/1927.

The high so far today has been 49. The record low maximum for today is 52/1915.

Today was the 14th day this month out of 17 with rain and the 90th wet day of the year.

Forty-seven have been dry.

We have had .42†of rain today and are now 8.55†above normal for the year.

Wednesday: Showers, 47/61

Thursday: Scattered showers, 51/66

Friday: Partly sunny and milder, 52/74

Saturday: Increasing clouds and warmer, 54/79

Sunday: Thundershowers, 60/78

Monday: Thundershowers, 62/77

Tuesday: Thundershowers, 60/79

STOP ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As most of you know, the midwest has been thoroughly drenched by rain recently, which has led to flooding in many areas here, and now further south as the Mississippi drains the water away from us. Because of rain I have lost over 20 games, now getting close to 30 games I'm sure. Included in those games lost are 2 tournaments, one of which was supposed to nicely help out my bank account after going to JEAPU. Now rain is scheduled for this weekend, which would wash out the second largest tournament of the year for me. If this keeps up, I'm going to need to get a different job. :question1::crybaby2:

23 games rained out so far this year.

All of last summer, I had 20.

I haven't even been home from school for a month yet.

Definitely frustrating.

Come on down, I got more than I can cover and HS just finished up, with the exception of the State Tourney. I'm pushing to cover most days and weekends.

North Florida this time of year is beautiful, give it another month though and the heat will be ON!

Here's the crapazz forecast for this week in Central Ohio:

"Every day this week will have pounding storms, hail, wind, lightning and it will be rare for more than 6 hours of dry weather - again"

Another $125 down the drain...

I'm in Southern Ohio so I am feeling your pain. Saturday was beautiful and I had a 1:00 pm, stuck around for a while and watched my son do his 4:00 pm game. 3 fields open at 4. Really? :blink: When are they going to make all these games up? I guess we're gonna get slammed later on!

Well, we got the tournament in this weekend. Friday night we were scurrying to beat the incoming rain that never showed up. It rained a little during the night, and looked like we would probably get more rain during the day on Saturday. While I'm out on bases, the sun decides to make an appearance and not go away. That was all good and well... except that I left the sunblock at home. I stood out on the field and slowly baked. At one point I looked like an idiot with half my collar turned up to keep the sun off the right side of my neck.