Insurance

ump 50 ND
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5793 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Do you carry general liability insurance/ personal injury protection ?

other than the NCAA, NFSH that is provided during the season?

IF so, which one?,Are thay good as thay sound?

I found a few sites National Association of Sport Offcials, Amateur Baseball Umpires Association.

High School season is a few weeks being over then I move into American Legion & amateur baseball . I not sure on American Legion if have program coverage but I know the amateur does not.

Larry

"After playing baseball for many years,

We were of the opinion that we knew and understoodthe playing rules fairly well.

However, upon taking up umpiring, we soon learn the hard way that we were mistaken"

O.K.Blauvelt

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I joined NASO a couple of years ago. In addition to baseball and softball, I also work football (FED and youth) and this year expect to start doing basketball. NASO is nice because you get the insurance coverage for everything plus you get Referee magazine which is great.

I joined NASO a couple of years ago. In addition to baseball and softball, I also work football (FED and youth) and this year expect to start doing basketball. NASO is nice because you get the insurance coverage for everything plus you get Referee magazine which is great.

I would concur on this.

For what's offered for the price, it is a very good deal!

For a few hundred bucks you could speak to your agent who handles your home owners insurance about an umbrella coverage...but the NASO offers very good coverage for the price!

Also...your state association may have a discount program with NASO...worth looking at!

Scuzz

I've honestly never paid attention to my insurance and couldn't tell you who my carrier is. It's included in my association dues. We have the option of waiving the insurance, but we must provide our policy info if we select to waive it. Hopefully I will never have a claim and never need to test it.