Couple of pictures of me..

Nate
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5423 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Hey everyone, to better introduce myself to the community I want to show you guys pictures of me working.. The first three pictures are from this year, and the ones after are from last year.

4637_83614329795_672749795_1718922_17586

3243_75997529795_672749795_1621217_20100

3243_75997524795_672749795_1621216_15470

n672749795_621387_9842.jpg

n672749795_621412_6670.jpg

n672749795_575023_307.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice, you look so comfortable. You guys look just like us in many ways.

Also, was the kid in the second to last picture trying to slide? Just looks late and weird to me. Also where did you hide your plate? Do you like to keep it as dirty as I do. lol

I don't have any pictures and I look very fat in the one that does exist. But good thing I've lost weight. It's a bad picture. Nothing official going on. We had all just arrived and we're talking and whatever so it's not a good shot because we weren't even close to game yet. Also, I still had real cheap stuff, cruddy SH*# that didn't fit, etc.

Ok, this is it, I'm the one on the left. I'm much slimmer now.

http://www.eteamz.com/ct11/news/index.cfm?cat=9205

Yeah that was a pretty late slide.. haha I can't help but to laugh at some of the slides.. I can't remember, normally I clean the plate a lot, that picture was taken about 10 months ago so I really have no idea what I was doing there..

Yeah that was a pretty late slide.. haha I can't help but to laugh at some of the slides.. I can't remember, normally I clean the plate a lot, that picture was taken about 10 months ago so I really have no idea what I was doing there..

Nate - please tell me that you're not wearing your cap .... backwards in that pic.... :D

:)

And that middle pic - where you & your partner are standing along 1B line... please tell me that's not a cell phone on his belt... please... please tell me it's not.... :(

Edited by BrianC14

Nate - please tell me that you're not wearing your cap .... backwards in that pic.... :wow:

:shrug:

And that middle pic - where you & your partner are standing along 1B line... please tell me that's not a cell phone on his belt... please... please tell me it's not.... :(

Yes.. that was last year before I joined the state board.. unfortunately I was wearing it backwards.. since then I've learned better. And yes my partner has his cell phone on his belt. At that time, both of us were certified with the local little league here, not many standards.. I've know been certified with the state board, and have cleaned up (aka first picture lol).

Yeah it does.. It wasn't though.. I had my hand on his back.. I'm so used to it with high school, the kid was just so small, it was hard to get that low..

Nate, another question. Might be the camera, in the second to last picture you look awfully far away.

Also, I noticed you have the same shin guards as me. Looks like you have the flaps on. It was funny. I took mine to work with me, public school IT dept. I brought them over to the shop, got some decent drill bits and drilled the rivets off and took off the flaps. Plate shoes more than enough and it's so much more comfy. I could always attach them back with string if I think I'll need them.

Nate, another question. Might be the camera, in the second to last picture you look awfully far away.

Also, I noticed you have the same shin guards as me. Looks like you have the flaps on. It was funny. I took mine to work with me, public school IT dept. I brought them over to the shop, got some decent drill bits and drilled the rivets off and took off the flaps. Plate shoes more than enough and it's so much more comfy. I could always attach them back with string if I think I'll need them.

Yeah I'm going to take them off one of these days, I just got them this season.. As for me being far back, yeah I was.. Like I said that was before the last couple pictures were before I got certified with the high school board here. My mechanics have become fairly crisp now. We have 4 people on our board to went to umpire school and did one season in single-a ball. They all four returned to go back to college, they're ages 22 - 26.

geez guys the why don't you call him out for having the MLB Powder Blue instead of the HS Powder (red, white, and blue stripes).

Nate you look good (expect for the backward hat). Just make sure your partner is not texting during the game.:cool2:

Had a kid in the league I run do that during a game. Let just say he not with us anymore. :FIRE: :agasp_:

geez guys the why don't you call him out for having the MLB Powder Blue instead of the HS Powder (red, white, and blue stripes).

Nate you look good (expect for the backward hat). Just make sure your partner is not texting during the game.:cool2:

Had a kid in the league I run do that during a game. Let just say he not with us anymore. :FIRE::agasp_:

All in good fun tree. That's why I posted the link to the picture I'm in. Good I look awful. Much better now.

• 2 weeks later...

Kid...where in Mass are you?

I work the South East, South Shore area...up to the Boston neighborhoods!

Bridgewater this Sun AM for an adult league DH...

One of your pics looks like a field over in Walpole or Sharon...my memory banks are a bit fuzzy!

Scuzz

Kid...where in Mass are you?

I work the South East, South Shore area...up to the Boston neighborhoods!

Bridgewater this Sun AM for an adult league DH...

One of your pics looks like a field over in Walpole or Sharon...my memory banks are a bit fuzzy!

Scuzz

I'm on the western mass board. The springfield area. :agasp_: