Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
kylehutson

Jail time for "those fans"

I'm behind on my reading here, so let me know if it's been posted before, but I ran across this article:

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/politics/legislature/article_128f2a48-8486-11e9-b652-53d271273f76.html

Personally, I think the penalty here sounds too stiff, but was wondering what you thought?

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member

Let it pass. We'll check the state in a decade or so and see how many people were charged, and what sentences they got.

My prediction: A handful each year, with most of them having the charges dropped; the others will pay a small fine.

The penalty sounds "stiff," but that's a typical maximum penalty for a misdemeanor. It's not like they chose that number out of a hat.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yawetag said:

Let it pass. We'll check the state in a decade or so and see how many people were charged, and what sentences they got.

My prediction: A handful each year, with most of them having the charges dropped; the others will pay a small fine.

The penalty sounds "stiff," but that's a typical maximum penalty for a misdemeanor. It's not like they chose that number out of a hat.

But, if it becomes public and makes it in local papers, and national papers and goes viral and the company they work for is listed,

which makes it look like the company supports and condones this kind of behavior from the employee outside of work and this causes a loss of job, now you got to think twice about that kind of behavior as a fan.

Do employees use this type of behavior at the job, whether as an exempt or non exempt employee whenever they don't like something or in dealing with the public.

Perception is reality syndrome can come into play and company cannot afford the bad/negative PR from these types of situations on or off the field so to speak. Off the field exploits can be more damaging than on field exploits.

• Like 1