Sandlot night

Aging_Arbiter
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1792 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

tying in another story - my JR umpire that went to Wendelstedt, will be working Coastal Plains League this year.  While home, he was asked to fill in for a couple of Atlantic League games.  SWMBO and I went to one of his games at the Southern Maryland Blue Crabs field, and Squints was there signing autographs.

20190504_175026_resized.thumb.jpg.c4d711936d85b843795544528896ea92.jpg

• Like 1

We walked through the gate and the elderly lady collecting tickets said "We have our Sandlot promotion tonight, and Squints is here signing autographs".  When SWMBO turned around, I was already GONE and in line.  Unfortunately, Wendy Peffercorn was not in attendance...........

Benny Rodriguez : [watching Wendy Peffercorn on the lifeguard chair putting on suntan lotion]  Oh, man!

Yeah Yeah : Yeah, yeah. Too cruel.

Timmy : She don't know what she's doin'.

Tommy : She don't know what she's doin'.

Kenny : Yeah, she does. She knows exactly what she's doin'.

Squints : I've swum here every summer in my adult life. And every summer, there she is. Lotion. Oilin'. Oilin'! Lotion. Smiling. Smiling! I can't take this no more!