Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
Sign in to follow this  
LRZ

Speeding Up the Game

Came across a cartoon (by Steve Moore) I thought very funny.

The batter swings mightily at a pitch and misses. The umpire calls, "Strike one! Yer out!!"

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member

Sadly,   I have done "You're Out" on strike 2  2 times now 1st time was my 1st time behind the plate mid game and the UIC was in the field and he um well "corrected me" on my count which I looked down on my counter and told him "yes sir you are correct"  I corrected the call wiped the egg off my face and explained my mistake to the benches and fans all laughing .  I told the kid sorry my goof. and we played on to which he swung and struck out.

The next time was the 7th game or so.. I did I called strike 3 and then immediately without looking down said Sorry I meant strike 2..   and we moved on..  I believe that was the game where I took one square on the cup and I was "shaken" for a few innings after that.

I have chilled a little since then

17 minutes ago, ArchAngel72 said:

Sadly,   I have done "You're Out" on strike 2  2 times now 1st time was my 1st time behind the plate mid game and the UIC was in the field and he um well "corrected me" on my count which I looked down on my counter and told him "yes sir you are correct"  I corrected the call wiped the egg off my face and explained my mistake to the benches and fans all laughing .  I told the kid sorry my goof. and we played on to which he swung and struck out.

The next time was the 7th game or so.. I did I called strike 3 and then immediately without looking down said Sorry I meant strike 2..   and we moved on..  I believe that was the game where I took one square on the cup and I was "shaken" for a few innings after that.

I have chilled a little since then

Wish I could say I've only done this twice... It'll happen again, don't worry. And eventually, you'll have one where you're indicator is wrong, and you don't know you're wrong till they check the book. That one is a little worse.

Did it a couple of weeks ago in a Freshman game.  HIIIIKKEE HREEE!   oops, I mean strike 2 he he. :blush:

It'd been a couple of years since last time, but wow does that make one feel dumb!:Facepalm: