New Balance V3 lacing pattern

eagle_12
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1808 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Trust me I did a search for this question. Searched for New Balance, lacing, laces, metatarsal guard. To many threads to read through. 

Just got got a pair of V3 lows in size 13. Snugged them up while trying them on. Metatarsal plate seemed to get pushed towards the toe and away from the shoe. Is this common and normal or is there a way to lace them.  Worried about ball hitting the “lip” that is created now. 

There was a thread in 2011 that addressed this issue, but for the Reebok Mag’s. 

• Like 1

I have the V3 lows, and have been able to avoid this issue , but I have partners from time to time that do. I'm not sure if this helps, but I wear Under Armour tights, and I set the straps in my shin guards snug but not too tight, then I tape them so they don't loosen up while in use. When I put them on, I place them over the tongue of my shoes, but behind the metatarsal guard. They seem to stay in place, and don't put pressure on my metatarsal guard, shoving it down towards my toes, and tearing the threads that hold it in place. 

On 5/3/2019 at 8:35 PM, eagle_12 said:

Trust me I did a search for this question. Searched for New Balance, lacing, laces, metatarsal guard. To many threads to read through. 

Just got got a pair of V3 lows in size 13. Snugged them up while trying them on. Metatarsal plate seemed to get pushed towards the toe and away from the shoe. Is this common and normal or is there a way to lace them.  Worried about ball hitting the “lip” that is created now. 

There was a thread in 2011 that addressed this issue, but for the Reebok Mag’s. 

Ok, I can't access my shoes at the moment, but I'm pretty sure of what I'm about to tell you:

When I first got these, . .on the last eyelet, I'd continue to cross into the opposite side (up to the very top eyelet which is the met plate) like you'd typically do ...and I was getting what you're talking about.

NOW ...... I take the string from the last shoe eyelet and go straight up (same side) to the very top metatarsal plate eyelet  (DO NOT CROSS UP AT THE VERY TOP) , ... ....when finished, ....then you can tie like you typically tie them and it'll cinch up nice!    

CRAP, I hope that makes sense! LOL

NB V3 Lacing.jpg

• Like 4

Thunderheads, that makes perfect sense to me because it’s how I solved the same problem on my old Reebok Magistrates.

Lace then up just like you’d normally lace up a pair of shoes, totally leaving the top plate out of it. Then when the shoe is laced up run each lace straight up through the holes in the plate, pull tight, and tie. 

I have a brand new pair of V3 low tops that haven’t seen the field yet and it’s good to know this same trick will work for them!

17 hours ago, BretMan said:

Thunderheads, that makes perfect sense to me because it’s how I solved the same problem on my old Reebok Magistrates.

Lace then up just like you’d normally lace up a pair of shoes, totally leaving the top plate out of it. Then when the shoe is laced up run each lace straight up through the holes in the plate, pull tight, and tie. 

I have a brand new pair of V3 low tops that haven’t seen the field yet and it’s good to know this same trick will work for them!

I'd never even thought of this.... 

On 5/6/2019 at 9:12 AM, Thunderheads said:

Ok, I can't access my shoes at the moment, but I'm pretty sure of what I'm about to tell you:

When I first got these, . .on the last eyelet, I'd continue to cross into the opposite side (up to the very top eyelet which is the met plate) like you'd typically do ...and I was getting what you're talking about.

NOW ...... I take the string from the last shoe eyelet and go straight up (same side) to the very top metatarsal plate eyelet  (DO NOT CROSS UP AT THE VERY TOP) , ... ....when finished, ....then you can tie like you typically tie them and it'll cinch up nice!    

CRAP, I hope that makes sense! LOL

That's how I do it on my Magistrates too.

• Like 1