3rd season here.

MulletUmp
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1778 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

My name is Mark. I am 20 years old. This is my third season of umpiring. I’ve gone as high as doing 14u softball in my league, I’ve only done two of those games and was BU for both. Highest level of baseball I did was 12u, I did one last season as the PU and it was my only 12u game to date. I started off doing 8u, and gradually moved on to 10u softball and now I’m doing 10u baseball. I hope to learn a lot from my fellow umpires on this board, as well as teach those less experienced than me a couple of things or in general a few things nobody else knew. My assignor thinks I’m fantastic, and one of the reasons i believe I have improved is I use Voice Recorder on my phone to log the rule clinics and listen to them again at a later time. How did my assignor learn that about me? I don’t remember, but it’s cool he knows how much I try to improve. So far, I’ve done 68 career games. 8 games my first year, 53 in my second campaign (41 in summer, 12 fall ball) and so far I’ve got 7 in what is currently my third year. I’ve done 3 games this week, and have 3 left if Chicago weather cooperates. I’ve done games in 3 different leagues on the south side since my assignor is the head ump of two leagues and his older associate is the head ump of another. In my league, two umpires that I know of have gone on to school in Florida and graduated to become minor league umpires, perhaps to become MLB umpires 7-8 years from now. I actually did a game today where the second guy’s aunt was on the coaching staff. I hope to one day become the third ump my assignor has seen go to Florida. That’s.. about all I have. Thank you for reading this. 

C3D334B0-4F3A-41ED-87F4-305A7BF1E8DF.jpeg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...