Worst baserunning ever

grayhawk
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1816 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

2 hours ago, Jimurray said:

He walked off on a safe just recently, right? But the whole league knows he’s a tonto so that’s why they let it drop. Or, to be kind, if they caught it, they would have a faster and smarter runner than the BR on 1B. Wow. 

I watched it live last night and my first thought when I saw they let it drop was that they just wanted to replace Goodwin with Bour on first base.  Then I saw that Bour never even ran.  Unreal.

On 4/20/2019 at 11:00 PM, grayhawk said:

I watched it live last night and my first thought when I saw they let it drop was that they just wanted to replace Goodwin with Bour on first base.  Then I saw that Bour never even ran.  Unreal.

I was listening to this on the Mariners' feed. Rick Rizz was beside himself when this happened! I couldnt get to my TV fast enough! 

• Haha 1

On 4/24/2019 at 8:17 PM, BT_Blue said:

I was listening to this on the Mariners' feed. Rick Rizz was beside himself when this happened! I couldnt get to my TV fast enough! 

But what happens in this one last night (Abreu turns home run into single), in a tie game in the bottom of the 9th inning with 2 outs. Is it a time play if everyone just stops and watches.

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/tigers-vs-white-sox/2019/04/26/567272#game_state=final,lock_state=final,game_tab=videos,game=567272

On 4/27/2019 at 6:20 AM, dumbdumb said:

But what happens in this one last night (Abreu turns home run into single), in a tie game in the bottom of the 9th inning with 2 outs. Is it a time play if everyone just stops and watches.

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/tigers-vs-white-sox/2019/04/26/567272#game_state=final,lock_state=final,game_tab=videos,game=567272

Holy smokes.  Would have been a fun game to watch.

19 hours ago, Rich Ives said:

So basically none of you spent any time in 12U rec ball. 

I did, when I was 11 and 12. That was too long to remember how well we ran the bases.

• Haha 2