Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
sgvump

Wash mask pads

Hey guys looked for a thread but couldn’t find one. Is there any particular or safe way to wash your mask pads without damaging the integrity of the pads? Just bought some used two tone wrap arounds and wanted to see what the best way to wash them would be thanks!

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member

I use this on my caps in a tub of water. Then put my cap in a cap rack rapped in towels to dry.  It works well on the caps. Grapefruit is good.

https://www.eucalan.com/

It is a delicate items soap that does not need to rinsed out. I also put a little in some water and soak a sponge in it to clean my uppers on my shoes. Afterwards, I wipe the shoes off with a shammy. 

I’d go with wiping it with a sponge first before soaking the pads for 15 minutes. Be nice to test it first. 

On 4/19/2019 at 4:03 PM, sgvump said:

Just bought some used two tone wrap arounds 

The hitch here, @sgvump, is those pads are leather. And, the internals are comprised of open cell foam (yet again, the infamous sofa cushion foam), but wrapped in flannel and wool cordage for density and structure, then encased with what amounts to be a plastic sausage casing to keep moisture from transferring from leather to cordage and vice versa. If that cordage gets wet, it’s going to be wet for awhile. Then the leather, too, really shouldn’t stay wet for long, because it will either rot or it will dry out way too rapidly and be prone to cracking and splitting.

If you really want to sanitize the leather, then you need a leather cleaner. I would look for products that sanitize leather clothing (and I’ll leave the implications right there). For leather mask pads and other vintage sports equipment (bike saddle seats, goalie gear, etc) I rely on Leather CPR:

1132903?$456$

Thank you for the suggestion,guys! Would you see any issue with wiping the pads down with clorox wipes or any of those other disenfecting wipes? The pads are pictured below :)

4C1FC600-E054-4592-B0B4-EF4BCE529FFE.jpeg

21 hours ago, sgvump said:

Thank you for the suggestion,guys! Would you see any issue with wiping the pads down with clorox wipes or any of those other disenfecting wipes? The pads are pictured below :)

Not likely. I wear cloth pads but the wipes would only clean the surface.

On 4/22/2019 at 1:09 PM, sgvump said:

I might consider wiping those pads with $40 at Ump Attire

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I use rubbing alcohol to clean my mask pads. Apply an isopropyl alcohol solution to a rag (I typically use an old sock), and wipe the mask pads with the rag. Let the mask pads dry. Your mask should be disinfected.