Jump to content

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
wolfe_man

Arbiter Pay Debit Card

Recommended Posts

Okay, after getting tired of mixing funds (and 3 day lag time) from Arbiter into my wife's & my joint checking account, I decided to request a debit card from Arbiter Pay.   That was on 3/25 and I still don't have the card!

Has anyone else requested a debit card from them and if yes, then how long did it take to receive?   I can't believe it takes 3 weeks to get a debit card!  I work for a bank and we can get you a new debit or credit card within a few days at most, in some cases the same day!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member

Have  you contacted them and asked?

It's possible they only run them once a month, or they're having issues with the company sending them out. Maybe they never got your submission or lost it (hard to believe that one, though). Maybe a lot of the work is done manually and that person is out on FMLA. Maybe the card was stolen or lost through the mail.

Send Arbiter an email and ask for an update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or call: This is the text of an email I received from arbiter a while back: "Our support center is an inbound call center, if you would like to speak with an agent via phone, please call 1-800-311-4060. There are agents in the office starting at 6 AM MST."

Quote

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I have called and emailed.  Arbiter tells me this is managed by Rapid Financial.  I have emailed them, but will call them shortly since Arbiter gave me their phone number.

1-877-592-1118 - Rapid Financial

I know nothing of them to this point, but one thing is for sure - they are most certainly not Rapid.  Arbiter charges me $4.95 for a debit card to use my money and it takes 15+ business days to receive?!?!?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:ranton: So, I called Rapid Financial.   They tell me this is normal, it takes 10-15 business days to receive a card.  It was supposedly shipped out on 3/26 (ordered on 3/25) and it takes 10-15 business days to get to you in the US.  How are they shipping it - by horseback?!  Even USPS Ground delivers in 5-7 business days almost anywhere in the US.

The lady sent out a 2nd one in case the 1st doesn't arrive.  This is crazy.  What year is this? I've never heard of any financial institution having this kind of delay to process a card request, not even 20 years ago.

I'll update if and when I get my card.   My suggestion for any of you that may have been thinking of getting one is request it in the off season so it's not needed until spring. :rantoff:

 

Note: I'm off my soap-box now.  :smachhead::violin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do agree on those times. I recently had to get a new debit card from my bank and they said it would be "up to" 2 weeks. Showed up 3 days later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wolfe_man said:

Okay, after getting tired of mixing funds (and 3 day lag time) from Arbiter into my wife's & my joint checking account, I decided to request a debit card from Arbiter Pay

Not so tired of it anymore.....are you?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I opened a simple savings account specifically for arbiter pay. As long as I maintain a minimum balance, there are no fees. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LRZ said:

I opened a simple savings account specifically for arbiter pay. As long as I maintain a minimum balance, there are no fees. 

That is a great option. I know some guys who use the card. I just wait the 3 days to get my $$$

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you just wanted to keep your umpire funds separate from your joint account, it would probably be better to open a no frills checking account, get the bank debit card, and have arbiter funds sent to that account. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Richvee said:

If you just wanted to keep your umpire funds separate from your joint account, it would probably be better to open a no frills checking account, get the bank debit card, and have arbiter funds sent to that account. 

I have 3 checking accounts now. Trying to simplify and use the Arbiter card for other gear I want/need and I still send funds to the other accounts when appropriate. 

Long story with too many details that no one here cares about.   Short version is I find it ridiculous that it takes 15+ business days to receive a debit card in America in 2019.  It's exacerbated because, like an idiot, I had already moved almost $300 to the card thinking it would arrive quickly and I can't access those funds until my card arrives.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Richvee said:

If you just wanted to keep your umpire funds separate from your joint account, it would probably be better to open a no frills checking account, get the bank debit card, and have arbiter funds sent to that account. 

This is exactly what I did!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, wolfe_man said:

I have 3 checking accounts now. Trying to simplify and use the Arbiter card for other gear I want/need and I still send funds to the other accounts when appropriate. 

Long story with too many details that no one here cares about.   Short version is I find it ridiculous that it takes 15+ business days to receive a debit card in America in 2019.  It's exacerbated because, like an idiot, I had already moved almost $300 to the card thinking it would arrive quickly and I can't access those funds until my card arrives.

 

Oh boy......just wait until that second card comes and you find out the $300 you put on the first card that got lost isn’t on this one

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Richvee said:

Oh boy......just wait until that second card comes and you find out the $300 you put on the first card that got lost isn’t on this one

That'd be my luck... but she said whichever card I do receive and activate will show my funds.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×