Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
johnnyg08

Tennessee Wins When F1 Throws Ball Out of Play

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Jimurray said:

That was the 5th inning. They didn't win because of that right? 

Tennessee won this game 2-1. 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Sorry. That's what I'd have been thinking while umpiring.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, yawetag said:

Sorry. That's what I'd have been thinking while umpiring.

And he didn't even attempt to request time... Yeah, I know what he is doing, but F1 is a dummy for that. 

Seems like it went into the dugout area here, but what so we have if a player, coach, batboy simply grabs the ball after it hits the dugout screen thinking that it's a dead ball?

6 minutes ago, Gfoley4 said:

Seems like it went into the dugout area here, but what so we have if a player, coach, batboy simply grabs the ball after it hits the dugout screen thinking that it's a dead ball?

'Intentional interference by a person authorized to be on the field."  Dead ball; rule on what "would have happened" had they not picked the ball up.

If it's hitting the screen, then it's still on the field. I'd be hard-pressed to advance anyone on that, as everyone probably thought the ball was dead.

If they stop it from rolling into the dugout, give the two bases.

Glad I watched the video..........had a hard time understanding how they got 2 runs on FI thro

wing it out of play..........then I see he wasn't on the pitchers plate.

5 hours ago, yawetag said:

11 hours ago, JSam21 said:

And he didn't even attempt to request time... Yeah, I know what he is doing, but F1 is a dummy for that. 

I seem to remember this happening in an MLB game some years ago. F1 randomly tosses the ball towards his dugout and it goes out of play.

Plate guy didnt even have a chance to grant time if he wanted to before F1 tossed the ball.

Some head scratchers here for me. 

MSST visiting pitcher throws ball to his dugout.

Another or the same ball comes from visiting dugout to catcher. That can happen at some levels where both teams shag but is surprising at this level.

The throw from F3 to F1 is immediately removed and thrown to his dugout. He didn’t discover a scuff as far as I can tell and the ball was bunted.

3 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

I seem to remember this happening in an MLB game some years ago. F1 randomly tosses the ball towards his dugout and it goes out of play.

Plate guy didnt even have a chance to grant time if he wanted to before F1 tossed the ball.

Kellogg raises hands for time out and then goes to sweep plate. 2nd baseman who has ball from outfield, throws ball after Kellogg calls time, towards dugout since it is Arcia's first MLB hit as a souvenir ball for Arcia to keep which is customarily done. Umpires award 3rd base since nobody picked up exact time line of if and when time was called on the play, except this fan who was filming and put on u tube. Good memory BT_Blue.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dumbdumb said:

Kellogg raises hands for time out and then goes to sweep plate. 2nd baseman who has ball from outfield, throws ball after Kellogg calls time, towards dugout since it is Arcia's first MLB hit as a souvenir ball for Arcia to keep which is customarily done. Umpires award 3rd base since nobody picked up exact time line of if and when time was called on the play, except this fan who was filming and put on u tube. Good memory BT_Blue.

I could have sworn is was a pitcher. But you are probably right. Thanks for finding this though. 

• Like 1